Top 10: Last Pictures Taken

Saini Sa'aB

K00l$@!n!
Here are some “last known photos” floating around the internet. Brief glances of the last moments of someone’s (or something’s) last moments on Earth.

10. Steve Irwin

Like no one saw this one coming. Still Steve (in his own unique way) entertained and educated millions. A fatal “accident” involving a stingray shortly after this photo was taken in 2006 Mr. Irwin was taken from us forever but his legacy is continued through his daughter Bindi.

9. Elvis Presley

The King’s untimely death in 1977 left a lot of unanswered questions . Found dead from heart problems caused from abuse of prescription drugs, Presley will always be known as the King of Rock ‘n Roll. Below is the last known photo of Elvis… I would like it noted that I did NOT make a joke about there possibly being a bucket of chicken in the front seat.

8. Wes Mantooth

This is the last known photograph of the last known remaining tiger in Indonesia. Apparently he was killed and eaten by a local villager. We hope that this was NOT the last tiger left in that region- but probably so. Since everyone else in this list had a name, I decided to name this tiger Wes…. Wes Mantooth, the world hardly knew you.

7. Adolf Hitler

Taken mere hours with the Russian army just a couple of hundred yards away, this is the last known photograph of Death of Adolf Hitler (If you discount my claims that my H.S. shop teacher was in fact Der Fuhrer in hiding). Shortly after this photo was taken, Hitler retired to his bunker, watched his new wife- Ava die from a suicide pill and then put a gun to his own head. Most people honeymoon in Niagara.

6. Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

The American Author and humorist was best known for his book Tom Sawyer and his love of the Mississippi river. While there are plenty of accomplished writers in the world, this guy wrote classics on par with Dickens. To know there was any sort of photo made of the man is impressive, to take into account this is the last known is more so. You are welcome.

5.The RMS Titanic

One of the most memorable tragedies in history, the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 shocked the world. The phrase "Not even the God could sink her" just begged for it to happen. (I would like to go on record as saying “Not even God could give me a million dollars”) A little known fact is that out of all the passengers that died that cold night, there were nearly twice as many third class passengers that died than first and second classes combined. The reason? Locked gates to keep third class passengers form getting into the higher (and closer to the lifeboats) second class and third class berthing areas.

4. Michael Jackson

Yes, the King of Pop is dead as well. I’m sure you’ve heard something about it at some point. This is one of the few remaining “last known” photos. Honestly it’s been doctored and could have been taken after his death even… who knows?

3. Heath Ledger

The world lost one of it’s most brilliant actors with the prescription drug overdose of Heath Ledger in 2008. Not many actors can star as a gay cowboy or twisted villain and not be typecast; Ledger could. He will be sorely missed.

2. Marilyn Monroe

When an icon passes the shock wave reverberates through the decades. The loss of cultural icon Marilyn Monroe was a tragedy beyond measure. Who knows what could have been accomplished by the women had she lived? Generally I avoid pictures of Ms. Monroe… falling in love with a dead woman is pretty fruitless, even for me.

1. Abraham Lincoln

There was some controversy to this photo, as it was thought to NOT be the last picture of the assassinated president. However do some clever investigative stuff that I don’t really get (because I honestly don’t care) this is the last known picture of Abraham Lincoln.