This is Stunning: Plane Crossing Middle of Moon

######[/URL]

This is one shot in a million. No Photoshop, no effects.
“Today, I achieved something I have wanted to do for a considerable length of time. A plane crossing the Moon. Everyday this Qantas Dash 8 Q 400 flies over our country property, always at 5:30 pm, without fail. I have watched it fly ‘through’ the moon a few times. Today, the moon was at the ‘right’ phase – approx in line with the planes flight path. So I set up gear (I have done this drill quite a few times!) I saw the plane along way of and thought ‘no-its not going to hit’, I stayed beside scope just in case, then as it got closer, I could see “it was going to line up!” My palm started to sweat – ‘buck fever’, I only want to pull the trigger when I knew the plane was in the center of the moon. I got my wish!
Technical details-Vixen 103 ED refractor on Vixen GP mount, guiding by Vixen SS2K, camera Canon 450D at 250 sec 200 ISO and a nerve of steel! I have also enclosed photos of set up at time of event. I have a RAW file, and will tweak when I have time, my son helped me get this photo – he has already done a ‘auto contrast’, and we will upload when we have a improved version.

(Chris)

**Click da Image 4 full size