PLZ stop Female Foeticide ..............

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
PLZ :prstop Female Foeticide

Abstract:
"Female foeticide over the last 15 years has distorted sex ratios at birth in several Asian countries. Foetal sex determination clinics have been established in India over the last 20 years in northern and western cities. Presented here is the outcome of an intensive study of the abuse of prenatal diagnostic techniques for sex selection in a rural population of 13,000 in Rohtak district. Parents tend to be calculative in choosing the sex of the next child and the decision is based on the birth order, sex sequence of previous children and number of sons. Transfer of reproductive technology to India is resulting in reinforcement of patriarchal values as professional medical organisations seem to be indifferent to ethical misconduct." (EXCERPT)

Background
The killing of women exists in various forms in societies the world over. However, Indian society displays some unique and particularly brutal versions, such as dowry deaths and sati. Female foeticide is an extreme manifestation of violence against women. Female foetuses are selectively aborted after pre-natal sex determination, thus avoiding the birth of girls. As a result of selective abortion, between 35 and 40 million girls and women are missing from the Indian population. In some parts of the country, the sex ratio of girls to boys has dropped to less than 800:1,000. The United Nations has expressed serious concern about the situation.

The sex ratio has altered consistently in favour of boys since the beginning of the 20th century (see Table), and the effect has been most pronounced in the states of Punjab, Haryana and Delhi. It was in these states that private foetal sex determination clinics were first established and the practice of selective abortion became popular from the late 1970s. Worryingly, the trend is far stronger in urban rather than rural areas, and among literate rather than illiterate women, exploding the myth that growing affluence and spread of basic education alone will result in the erosion of gender bias.

Sex Ratio (females per 1000 males), India 1901–2001

Year Sex Ratio Sex Ratio
in Children (0–6yr)

1901 972 –
1911 964 –
1921 955 –
1931 950 –
1941 945 –
1951 946 –
1961 941 976
1971 930 964
1981 934 962
1991 929 945
2001 933 927

Source: Registrar General of India

Plz do't kill girl child let them live

PhotoFunia_2702f5-1.jpg

Wl_S82BKHr7nFYbB52Tv7g-1.jpg

Vc7oqrP29r4hbNcswjn9Yw-1.jpg

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
Re: PLZ stop Female Foeticide ..........

ah vekho :(kina ku response aya important post da........

pps309

Prime VIP

nice thread.
I guess we all can contribute tio stop female foeticide.
I mean think about the reason why parents kill girl child.
I am sure you can think of ten such reasons.

Youth can change this. We have to stop dowry, eve-teasing, sex-discrimination.

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ

nice thread.
I guess we all can contribute tio stop female foeticide.
I mean think about the reason why parents kill girl child.
I am sure you can think of ten such reasons.

Youth can change this. We have to stop dowry, eve-teasing, sex-discrimination.

thnx for suggestion, ok i'll try