Heavenly Skies

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
Floating serenely in the sky, this beautiful angelic cloud provided the photographer with the inspiration for a new charity.
CJ Holding was travelling through Somerset when she glanced up to see the fiery scarlet-framed head with its glowing yellow body and turquoise wings.The image left a stunning blue trail in its wake.
article13432730C9CDA48000005DC274_634x51-1.jpg
Majestic: CJ Holding's unique cloud picture provided her with the inspiration to set up a charity

Miss Holding, 32, said: ‘The angel picture was actually taken during a despairing moment in my life nearly seven years ago.
‘I was travelling through a small village in Somerset on my way to the coast.
‘I looked up through my tears and saw the most amazing sight of my life.’
Miss Holding, from Henley in Oxfordshire, said: ‘I thought to myself, that cloud looks so strange.
‘It lingered in the sky for about 15 to 20 minutes before I took a picture of it, then it vanished.
‘I thought I'd imagined it and it wasn't until I got home and printed the image that I would let myself believe what I had seen was real.’
article13432730C9CDA98000005DC479_634x36-1.jpg
Up in the air: This huge blue heart floats across a sun-dappled sky

Scientists at the Met office said the unique image was one of the most interesting they had seen.
The amazing effect has been attributed to a phenomenon called a sun dog where sunlight refracts thought the ice crystals contained in the cloud.
Miss Holding said the picture was developed from a roll of 35mm film and had not been cropped or enhanced in any way.
‘I've had such amazing feedback from people who have let me know what the image means to them,’ she said.
‘I am fascinated by the natural world and this image sparked something in me to pursue my dreams.’
The photographer has built up an impressive collection of inspirational aerial images, which spurred her on to set up her business and charity.
‘It's called the Angel Trust and it funds art workshops for people with learning difficulties and disabilities,’ she said. ‘Art and creativity is a key part of how we can help them. Funding is a real difficulty and I wanted my photography to contribute to that and do some good in the world.’
She added: ‘If it hadn't have been for that photograph I wouldn't have had the motivation to go ahead and make this positive change.’
article13432730C9CDA4C000005DC51_634x662-1.jpg
Sunny outlook: The feathery clouds soar high above the beach