Amazing Events In Pictures

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ

snowplane_1776239i-1.jpg

A worker de-ices a Lufthansa plane in Munich

giantyulelog_1776262i-1.jpg

Children wait for a portion of the world's longest Yule log at a Christmas market in La Defense, outside Paris

koreasantas_1776266i-1.jpg

Volunteers dressed in Santa Claus outfits wave at a charity event in Seoul, South Korea

devildance_1776227i-1.jpg

Actors dressed as devils perform during the "gathering of the devils" ahead of Saint Nicholas Day in Podkoren, Slovenia

britainsatellite_1776701i-1.jpg

This satellite image shows a snow-covered Britain on 2 December 2010. The image was taken by NASA's Terra satellite and released by the University of Dundee.

redlondon_1776249i-1.jpg

The London Eye turns (RED) on World AIDS Day. More than 80 landmarks across 13 countries joined (RED) to promote awareness of the ongoing fight against the AIDS epidemic, by turning red to mark World AIDS Day.

redcapetown_1776251i-1.jpg

Table Mountain turns (RED) to mark World AIDS Day 2010

myanmaraids_1776207i-1.jpg

Aung San Suu Kyi comforts HIV-positive people during a visit to the National League for Democracy party headquarters to mark World AIDS Day in Yangon

greekbeach_1777276i-1.jpg

Swimmers enjoy the warm weather on a beach on the outskirts of Athens. While northern Europe is experiencing an unusually harsh start to winter, Greece is unseasonably warm, with temperatures reaching 24C Celsius

drugdealers_1776225i-1.jpg

A pigeon flies in front of the camera as police destroy the bunker of a drug lord at the Vila Cruzeiro shantytown in Rio de Janeiro, using a controlled explosion

snakeant_1776260i-1.jpg

An ant is seen walking over a snake at Ostional National Wildlife Refuge in Guanacaste province, Costa Rica

egghouse_1776247i-1.jpg

Dai Haifei, 24, from China's Hunan province, looks out from his egg-shaped mobile house where he has been living for the last two months, near his office in Beijing. The house is just over 2m high, 3m long and 2m wide. The outside wall is made of bamboo splints and sacks filled with sawdust and grass seeds for insulation. There is a solar panel on the roof and an inner storage battery. It has wheels and a pressure water tank for washing. The house cost him 6400 yuan (about £615) to purchase the materials and took almost two months to build.

israelfire_1777172i-1.jpg

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish men look at a forest fire that broke out near kibbutz Beit Oren in the north of Israel. The huge forest fire swept an area of northern Israel, killing at least 41 people. Police and medical officials warned the number of dead could still rise.

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
missflamenco_1776236i-1.jpg
Contestants in the Miss Sevilla pageant are seen during a presentation in the Andalusian capital of Seville

machupicchu_1777176i-1.jpg

Tourists rest near the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in Cuzco. In July 2011, Peru will celebrate the centenary of the discovery of Machu Picchu with a huge exhibition after an agreement with Yale University to return thousands of artifacts taken from the archaeological site in the early 1900s.

headshaving_1777181i-1.jpg

US Staff Sergent Josh Tucker from Ashland, Kentucky, shaves his head in Lakokhel camp in the Zari district of Kandahar, Afghanistan

gharial_1777178i-1.jpg

A gharial - a type of crocodile - basks in the sun at a farm in Kashara Chitwan National Park, some 200kms south-west of Kathmandu, Nepal

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ

crabs_1777224i-1.jpg

Volunteers sweep migrating red crabs off a road on Christmas Island. The migrating crabs face numerous hazards, such as traffic and predators, on their journeys, and many do not reach their destination.

koreacats_1776205i-1.jpg

Rescued cats wait for a ferry to the mainland at a port on Yeonpyeong island. The animals were abandoned after residents fled the island in the wake of the November 23 shelling by North Korea

sydneyswimwear_1777206i-1.jpg

People take part in "AIME Strut the Streets", an attempt to break the Guinness record for the world's largest swimwear parade, in Sydney, Australia. The event was organised to raise funds and awareness for the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience. Organisers attempted to break the record in 2009 but fell short by just 22 participants.

missgreatbritain_1777175i-1.jpg

Finalists in this year's Miss Great Britain beauty pagent brave temperatures of -2C as they gather for a photocall on the beach in front of Weston-Super-Mare's Grand Pier

sistinechapelmod_1777180i-1.jpg

Jean Massa, of Nice, southern France points out details in his scale model of the Vatican's Sistine Chapel, which is displayed in a church in Nice. His model is 1.45m long and 0.7m high and took him about 5,000 hours to build.

snowdeer_1776265i-1.jpg

Deer gather and forage for food in the snow at Petworth in West Sussex

snowhamsphire_1776289i-1.jpg

A woman and her baby make their way through trees covered by snow near Emsworth in Hampshire

giantchristmastr_1777194i-1.jpg

A worker decorates a 46-metre-high (151 feet) artificial Christmas tree in the centre of Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk

darthvaderberlin_1777192i-1.jpg

A street performer dressed as Darth Vader stands in front of the Brandenburg Gate during snowfall in Berlin

snowlidl_1776263i-1.jpg

Six mothers launch Lidl's luxury Christmas range by recreating the Calendar Girls pose at Winter Wonderland in London's Hyde Park

footballface_1776231i-1.jpg

FC Red Bull Salzburg's midfielder David Mendes da Silva is hit in the face with the ball during the UEFA Europa League group A football match against Manchester City at The City of Manchester stadium

snowsculpture_1776252i-1.jpg

A monument to Soviet founder Vladimir Lenin is covered with snow in Murmansk. Heavy snow has been fallling for several days in the Russian Arctic.

snowmoscow_1776242i-1.jpg

Central Moscow is seen as temperatures plummet below -23C. Christ the Saviour Cathedral, left, and the Kremlin are pictured in the background

snowcow_1777174i-1.jpg

Highland cattle search for feed in a snow-covered field in Perthshire, Scotland

snowfrance_1777189i-1.jpg

Mont Saint-Michel, a rocky tidal island in Normandy, France, is seen amidst a snowy landscape

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
horseinapool_1777220i-1.jpg

Firefighters prepare to rescue a horse that fell into a swimming pool in Byfang, Essen, Germany. The rescue mission was a complete success and the horse was led away to a neighbour's indoor solarium to warm up

diamondiphone_1776210i-1.jpg

Introducing the iphone 4 Diamond Queen edition, created by Liverpool-based creator Stuart Hughes. The surrounding frame is encrusted with over 8.5cts of individually set flawless diamonds, while the rear section houses a solid Platinum and Diamond Apple logo. The iphone 4 Diamond Queen edition is available for a mere £18,995.

carsalesmoney_1776255i-1.jpg

Employees at a car dealership in Qingdao, Shandong Province, China, were left with the headache after a customer purchased a new 40,000 Yuan (£4,000) vehicle using a huge pile of small change. Together the payment weighed in at 100kg.