How To Make A Good First Impression

tomarnidhi

howtomakeagoodfirstimpression-2.jpg

Do you ever wonder how to make a good first impression?

Making a good first impression is vital for your dating success. Experts say when it comes to the internet and websites, it takes about 2.6 seconds to determine if someone is interested in what you are offering. When it comes to physical face-face first impressions, it can vary from seven to seventeen seconds.

If you knew that someone was going to form an opinion about you, especially where it comes to dating, would you not want to make a good first impression? Even though our mother’s and teacher’s may have taught us NOT to judge a book by it’s cover, the reality is that we do this every day. And if you’re not sure HOW to make a good first impression here are some tips to help you stay in check with what’s important to the opposite sex.

What are some of the things you notice about people RIGHT AWAY?

Posture
Body language is a form of communication. 55% of what we communicate to others is through body language. I’m not sure about you, but when I see someone sluggish and slouching at their desk, or leaning heavily to one side or “dragging” their feet; well I certainly don’t do the “double take”. In the back of my mind I may be wondering what’s wrong with them? BUT, when I notice someone sitting upright, standing tall, chest up, smiling, shoulders back and just beaming with enthusiasm and positive “energy”, these are the people I notice and become curious and interested in. If you catch yourself getting sluggish, shoulders forward, head drooping, it may be a definite sign to take a break or SIT UP STRAIGHT! It’s amazing how much better you INSTANTLY feel just by being aware of maintaining good posture.

Clothing
It’s only natural that what you are wearing is an obvious way to instantly “judge” someone. Not only perhaps by the styles you are wearing (or lack of style) but also with how you look in the clothing. Is it time to update your look or wardrobe? Are your clothes CLEAN and pressed? Does it look like you RUSHED out of the house and grabbed whatever you could find to quickly cover your body; or does it seem like you put some time, care and consideration to your outfit? Are the colors faded in your clothing? Is it time to retire that favorite shirt that has the permanent stain under the arm pit? Another key point is to wear clothes that actually FIT you and compliment your body, rather than clothing that is too big, too tight, or just too old to really be wearing for a first date or anytime you are thinking of meeting someone new, and wanting to make a good first impression.

Eye Contact
Never underestimate the importance of great eye contact! How can you be noticed if you’re not taking interest in the person that’s meeting you. Are you too distracted by the people and things around you that you are not giving the person right in front of you your complete attention. One of the biggest complaints I get from singles everywhere is that the person in front of them isn’t LOOKING at them. If you are listening, then you are engaged and great eye contact sends a positive message that you are giving them your attention and time.

Voice Inflection
38% of our body language comes through voice inflection. This is why it’s actually MORE important to focus on HOW you say things versus the words themselves! Isn’t that incredible? Have you ever bought an audio book? Can you imagine the difference it would make if the narrator told the story in a flat monotone voice without a change in pace? How interested would you be in the story? I’m not sure I would even GET the story without it being told in a way that kept me interested! So pay attention to your own tone of voice and be sure that you remember to SMILE. You can hear a smile over the phone, and you can definitely notice when someone is genuinely enjoying themselves.
There are so many things to consider when it comes to making a good first impression. As human beings we notice EVERYTHING! Smells, sights, sounds & touch all play a role in the impression we get from another person.