female foeticide

hi guys... tussi saare apne vichaar sanjhe karo ehs topic te ke female foeticide bare tuhadi ki soch aa..
tuhanu ki lagda k eh sahi hi k galat?

chalo theek a eh dasso k kis hadh tak galat lagda tuhanu...
in my eyes i think it is not acceptable,
it's killing a life... ik foetus vich v jaan hundi aa.. from day1 in the foetus's life it is born.. eh gal alag aa k it's nt breathing on its own and it is not in the outside world

punjabimc

yes i agree female foeticide should be banned..but determinin sex for givin birth shud not b banned....but i totally agree killin a child jst caus its a gurl shud not b allowed..da gurl ratio shud alwayz b higha than guyzz :D.. it gives us guyz an option 2 choose 4rm whts available :P lol

pps309

Prime VIP
Female foeticide is bad and is morally incorrect. I guess govt should pass a bill regarding in which circumstances abortion is legal and where not.​

The Concept of Abortion in medical science: The need for abortion in medical science was sought to avoid risking the life of girl who cannot bear the pregnancy due to some health issues. As Indians it is in our blood to take all type of advantage and we started female foeticide.​

Why misuse of abortion and female foeticide started: Obviously the reason is people do not need girl child. There were numerous reasons behind that.
1) Some families do already have 2-3 girls and are trying for a male child. They think male child can get the name of family going (Kul-deepak).
Surprsingly this is false.
No name can be everlasting in this world except the TRUE NAME (SAT-NAAM). For eg: Who knows the name of Bhai Dayala Ji's Parents or even Bhai Mani Ji's Parents.

2) Some ppl think girls will go to their in-law's homes and they need someone to support them in their old-age so they need boys.
We cannot be so sure that boy child will grow up and help the parents at old age. He may die sonner, he may get life long jail, he may get settled abroad or there can be so many things that can happen. Adding up all those factors the probablity of boy growing up and helping the parents at old-age is very less.​

3) One more reason can be that boy may become the bread winner for them at the old age.
For that I will say our society has to grow up and we should help our elders no matter you are guy or girl.

4) Last but not least, the ratio of female to male is worse states with high population of Sikhs, Jaats, Rajputs and other Kshatriyas.
The one very obvious reason for that is the false male pride embedded in these socities.

Biggest Irony is that Sikhs despite being taught by Guru Nanak still believes in supremacy of male over female. And I personally believe it is not only the supremacy of male over female, the worrying factor is the amount of dowry Sikh parents have to give when they try to find a good alliance for their daughter.​

For eg:- 3-5 acres of land with 10/12 class education:- One Gold set for guy, one for girl, gold gifts to all relatives and a Bullet or some Bike.​

3-5 acres of land with 10/12 class education and a full time job/business:- One Gold set for guy, one for girl, gold gifts to all relatives and a compact car.​

5-7 acres of land and bachelor's degree with a full time job/business:- Gold set to guy, girl, guy's mom and sisters. Along with that gold gifts to all relatives and at least a Maruti Zen or Santro.​

10 acres or land and more + business/jobs:- then you talk in big parties with singers + Ford's, hondas or toyotas.​

The only marriage without dowry is possible if Girl side can get the guy aborad in US/Canada/Uk/Australia.​

I am not sure how it can be stopped at bigger level in all over India but in Punjab I seriously believe we must stop dowry system immediately. You never know how many princesses (kaurs) will die in the womb and will be taken away their rights to see the land of lord.
Respect girls and women, give them the due respect. Keep in mind that the other lady can be someone's mother or sister. If someone is not respecting other ladies there is a high chance on the same lines the other men may not be respecting yoor mother or sister.​

If you guys really want to do something for your society. You really feel that you love this land. You really understand the plight of women. You really feel the pain for all girls who dies in the womb. You have to take an oath, not to take dowry and respect all ladies.
Ofcourse, girls has to rise against dowry. They should stop dreaming about prince charming coming on horse to marry them. Raise yourself, study and stand on your feet. It is your society and you have to make it.

I Parminder Pal Singh, keeping my Lord (Waheguru) in my mind, with all my conscience takes an oath that I will not take dowry in my marriage. I respect and will always respect women.

thanks PPS for this brilliant post,
I myself have a beautiful daughter, mein bohut jaada khush si jadh eh hoyi aa, but some ppl still menu dilasse dinde si k koi na mann ch ni karna.. nxt time munda ho ju etc.. te ehs gall to bohut gussa chad da aa k aje tak v kudiyan nu inna changa ni samaj de, and the worst think is its WOMEN that do this.. ohna nu pucho k tussi ni kisse diyan dheean? Te ik gal hor aa Sri Guru Amar Das ji de v 2 dheean hi se, Bibi Dani ji te Bibi Bhani ji, ohna nu Guru ji ne bohut hi ucha Darja ditta si. So aj kal aapa kyu ni aavdia dheean nu rakh sakde....times have changed, girls can now stand up on their own and become independant, they have the same rights as men so why can't WE as humans give them the right to come to this world????

Queensaj

Elite
^ Agreed! Very frustrating when its still the WOMEN today who raise the issues about having boys.. i mean you'd think they would be a little more understanding.. we need to move on from all this..

pps309

Prime VIP
thanks PPS for this brilliant post,
I myself have a beautiful daughter, mein bohut jaada khush si jadh eh hoyi aa, but some ppl still menu dilasse dinde si k koi na mann ch ni karna.. nxt time munda ho ju etc.. te ehs gall to bohut gussa chad da aa k aje tak v kudiyan nu inna changa ni samaj de, and the worst think is its WOMEN that do this.. ohna nu pucho k tussi ni kisse diyan dheean? Te ik gal hor aa Sri Guru Amar Das ji de v 2 dheean hi se, Bibi Dani ji te Bibi Bhani ji, ohna nu Guru ji ne bohut hi ucha Darja ditta si. So aj kal aapa kyu ni aavdia dheean nu rakh sakde....times have changed, girls can now stand up on their own and become independant, they have the same rights as men so why can't WE as humans give them the right to come to this world????
yeah true, Even my mom used to tell me the same things when my second sister was born. One lady told the same things to my mom.
She said these words "Chalo koi na hun dil te patthar ta rakhna hi paina."
My mom replied "Dil te patthar nahi, aa ta mere dil da tukda".
And today my that sister is going to be engineer in 2 months and she has already passed Accenture's Job Exam and Group Discussions.

I came from very liberal family which belives firmly in Guru Granth Sahib. I personally feel SGGS is the most liberal and socially aligned Holiest book from all the religions and Irony is that the followers of Sikhism are not upto it. It tells people to get rid of unnecessary customs and rituals.

Female foeticide is mostly in Sikhs.
False male pride is also mostly in Sikhs.
Casteism is also embedded in Sikhs.
Sikh bodies are constituionalising the religion, adding unnecessary rituals to Sikhism.

IMHO most Sikhs are not following SGGS, they are doing things for their personal materialistic benefits and then justify their deeds.

i agree with you.. Guru ji di sikhi te koi follow hi ni karda.. bass aavda roubh banoun te aa ajj kal di duniya.

I love my daughter so much k i couldnt even think about staying away from her.. mein aavdi kudi te APNI jaan tak vaar sakdi aa.. but aj kal kyu ni loki idhan sochde???

very true.. bohut hi jaada kamine a lok jehre idhan karde aa.. this is Murder too!
Kudian nu v rab ne ohna hi jeen da haq dita aa jinha mundeya nu...
Also, j kudiyan naa hoiya.. eh duniya te khatam hi ho jaani aa

sabhi

Banned
well if u listen to all the punjabi songs which I beleive are being downloaded on this very site before they are released you can get an idea why family's dont want girls. I would love to have a girl, but our songs are so degrading to girls. The Panjabi mentality towards girls is just such that we cant stand having one but of course in party's the same people will get druck and dance to songs like tang kurit teri kammal lak patla ni lak patla n bla bla bla..

5Abi KuDi...

Defying Destiny........
i soo totally agree wd panjaban kudi n obviously da rest f da ppl in support...i mean ppl hu crave 2 hv a male child shud srsly GO GT A FREAKIN LYF!!!!srsly!!n especially WOMEN hu go arnd wanting a male child...jz DO NOT DESERVE 2 LIVE AT ALL!!!!!...i dun undrstnd hu da hell tld dese ppl dat dey're God 2 decide dat poor thing's fate!!do dese ppl evn noe da meanin f sumtin called as GUILT..i mean..srsly killin dat innocent gurl evn b4 she strtd 2 live iz lyk killin dreamz b4 dey were evn gv a chance 2 turn into reality...!not nly female foeticide..but also things lyk physical n mental abuse facd by women is da wrst face of inhuman behaviour...which trust me...i HATE wd all ma heart!!!!
....but sadly..sum ppl jz dun get t!

PREETI...!!

<<5ABI SHERNI>>
true yaar...srsly...i'm so wd ya!sum ppl srsly jz dun get t....wen r dey gna undrstnd dat dis is equal 2 MURDR! i get da shock of ma lyf wen i c women cravin 4 a male child... i mean..HELLO?:o......if deir mothers thot da same way i dun think dey wud b alive 2 evn gv birth...!!

thanks for ur posts 5abi kudi and Preeti.. There are some ppl in this world that don't even have a child te oh rabb nu kehnde ne k koi gal ni j sanu munda ni dena tussi sanu ik kudi hi de dawo.... jehna di koi aulaad hi ni ohna nu puch ke dekho ke bacche di ki ahemiyat aa pahwe oh munda pahwe oh kudi...