Cheating Non resident Punjabis ?

After hundreds of cases of cheating by a large number of deceiving men and women from Australia, Newzealand, Canada, Middle east and the UK etc. whereby foreign based men and women simply dupe local men and women by luring them to foreign land and rip them off of their assets and by destroying their lives. In many cases unscrupulous and conmen have lived with women for few weeks and made them pregnant and then ran away with whatever the poor lady had in her possession. This is a very shameful, atrocious and disgusting way to deceive someone innocent. The men specially in Canada have gone overboard by duping, deceiving and cheating anyone they can, which is obviously a matter of concern for most good and honest Canada based Punjabis. Like the old saying one bad fish can destroy the entire pond, some Punjabis are going to extremes to destroy lives of innocent women and even men in many cases.
The matter is now so grave that anyone with such ideas would be not only disgraced socially, he or she would be arrested and jailed for such crimes. This would deter many thugs who disguise as gentle Non resident Indians. In any case growing Indian economy and richer dividends at home is making going to foreign land a losing proposition, when the opportunities in India are so great.
The Punjab government announced that an officer of the rank of an additional director general of police will probe all cases pertaining to illegal immigration and sham marriages of non-resident Indians (NRIs).

Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said such cases would be investigated with top priority and decided within a time frame.

He said that cases of girls from Punjab being duped by NRIs for marriage and youth being conned by travel agents were increasing and would be dealt with strictly.

"Travel agents, immigration consultants and marriage bureaus taking youths and daughters of Punjab for a ride would be dealt with strictly as per law," Badal announced.

He added that advertisements issued by these agents in the media would be scrutinised so that the youth are not duped in the name of greener pastures abroad or lucrative jobs, study or settlement offers in other countries.

Badal referred at least four cases, brought to his notice by Lok Bhalai Party leader Balwant Singh Ramoowalia Wednesday, to the state police chief for investigation.

The chief minister, who has already announced that the state government would have a ministry of non-resident Indian (NRI) affairs, said that fast track courts should be set up to deal with cases of marriage frauds committed by some NRIs.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Thanks very much for bringing it forward
This is realy sad to know these things.
Ive heard many cases in Australia and canada too.
Most of the guys ( young kids ) who just came to australia or canada think they are in a open country and they just forget their limits
they go for livin relationships even the girls , i've seen many punjabi girls living in with the guys .
I have been living in australia from quiet a long time but i never did anything. I dnt drink or smoke neither i goto club or after a girl.
but your right
one bad fish spoils whole pond
Please make sure everyone reads this and get to know about these things that If you like to marry someone abroad make sure you do appropriate research on the type of person rather than regreting later.
God bles you all