A Matter of Family Reputation?

pink puma

Elite
SSA Saab nu, hello, hi, bonjour, whatever :wa

Okay so you guys probably noticed by now that I love writing
write20a20letter-1.gif
and I thank you all who take part in my threads by posting your opinions and comments
thumbsup-1.gif

Being from a punjabi family, we all know how important our family's reputation is especially to our fathers and grandfathers.
grandpa-1.gif
The one thing they value the most in their life is their self-esteem and the way others in society view them and their family. It therefore becomes critical for the children of such parents to behave in ways that would only uphold and improve the reputation of their family, and thus they must refrain from doing anything that might tarnish the way others think of his/her family.

Here is my question. In your opinion, what do you value more? Does your personal happiness come first, or do you value your parent's honour and happiness more than your own? Have you ever denied yourself from enjoying life and doing what you always wanted to because it would upset your parents? For example, have you ever said no to partying
party5-1.gif
, no to having a bf/gf (however decent)
kiss2-1.gif
, no to having a good time, simply because you didnt want your parents to become upset?

If you value your parents happiness and reputation more give an example of a time where you showed that your parents happiness was more important than your own.

Although i personally value my parents reputation over my own happiness, i sometimes question this because as we have learned through our religion
praying-1.gif
and various others, one of the central features that bond us to this world is the concept of PRIDE. Having too much pride and honour cant be good either can it? Does pride not inflate our egos and does it not take us away from living a humble life?

Again this an open thread, please feel free to comment in regards to your views on maintaining family honour and reputation and whether you live in accordance with upholding your family name, or whether you simply do your own thing and why.

Thank ju :D
bye20bye-1.gif

Love,
Pink Puma
swing2-1.gif

jas_sandhu

JaTT kaiM ThoNu KOi VeHm?
Here is my question. In your opinion, what do you value more? Does your personal happiness come first, or do you value your parent's honour and happiness more than your own? Have you ever denied yourself from enjoying life and doing what you always wanted to because it would upset your parents? For example, have you ever said no to partying
party5-1.gif
kiss2-1.gif
, no to having a good time, simply because you didnt want your parents to become upset?

If you value your parents happiness and reputation more give an example of a time where you showed that your parents happiness was more important than your own.

badiyan sohniyan gallan likhde ho ji tusi.....apan tah tohade fan hoge

vekho ji apne lai tah parents sab toh pehla..bakki sab badd vich, jina ne sade lai ena kuj kita ohna da keha main kdi nai modd sakda,......ha kye verri samjana ve pe janda.....ke ajj kal eda hunda,,fir mann jande ne ohvi,.......main tah ethe sare frnds nu ehii slaah davanga....22 jeven marji life enjoy kro...par parents da vishvas na kdi todhyeo...parents da apne utte trust bna ke rakhna bhut jroori hai...keo ki ek varri ohna da vishvas tut gya fir mudke kdi nahi bann da.

te rhi gall parties di.....fun shun di...sanu shonk hi nahi hai....ek do vari gya c dance party teh ....gand jeha lagya sare pase....mian sochya chandigarh eh hall ah, delhi, noida pta ni ki hona...te fun shun sada yaaran bellian nall chalda rehnda..ohi mere lai sab kuj hai :kik

pink puma

Elite
badiyan sohniyan gallan likhde ho ji tusi.....apan tah tohade fan hoge

vekho ji apne lai tah parents sab toh pehla..bakki sab badd vich, jina ne sade lai ena kuj kita ohna da keha main kdi nai modd sakda,......ha kye verri samjana ve pe janda.....ke ajj kal eda hunda,,fir mann jande ne ohvi,.......main tah ethe sare frnds nu ehii slaah davanga....22 jeven marji life enjoy kro...par parents da vishvas na kdi todhyeo...parents da apne utte trust bna ke rakhna bhut jroori hai...keo ki ek varri ohna da vishvas tut gya fir mudke kdi nahi bann da.

te rhi gall parties di.....fun shun di...sanu shonk hi nahi hai....ek do vari gya c dance party teh ....gand jeha lagya sare pase....mian sochya chandigarh eh hall ah, delhi, noida pta ni ki hona...te fun shun sada yaaran bellian nall chalda rehnda..ohi mere lai sab kuj hai :kik

bohat sohni gall keeti thusi ji, vaise menu vi parties bilkol nahi pasand, never been clubbing and all that. i'd rather spend that time with my cousins or sisters. but thank you again for your response and i really value your opinion on this matter, bohat sayani gall keeti thusi :y

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
well kithon strat kara
ummmm
hmmmmm
k
:kin
yeh i do care big time

ithe vi farak painda
per india ch te saare bahut jiada care karde
specially kuida noo othe baap de sir da taj mania jaanda:y

je koie kudi is tara da kam kardi te saaria sahmne family noo kise kol galla sunania pain te oh ghar ton bahar nikal joge nahi rahende:n

saare bahut nossy hunde nobody mind there own buisness:gig
i will never do anything like that jis karke meri family noo kise samane jhukana pave:w

mere laie family imp aa and baaki vaad ch:baby
parents saari apni life spend kar dinde saade te je assi ohna dia innia ko feeling da khyal nahi rakh sakde te kee fieda:kuto

vaase vi ohna ne dunia dekhi hundi je kise kam noo rokade vi aa te os ch saada hee fieda hunda...................:kik

and saaria no apni family dia limits pata hee hundia kee'kina ko cross kar sakde so oh kam hee nah karo jis naal oh hurt hon:w

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Well, to start with I'll like to say that I value my family reputation very much, for that reason I have never indulged in any wrong habit, never fought with anybody in school & college, aes darr karke ki mere ghar complaint na pahunch jaave.....I've always tried my best to make my parents proud, whether it has been studies or somethng else, always respected my elders taaki koi mere parents nu naa tanne maare ke tuhada munda aes tarah da hain ya ous tarah da....

school time te kadi bahar aenna janda hi nahi c, but college life vich thodi change aa jandi, freinds naal jaana penda but not at night, daytime aeddar uddar chale jayi da, tht also very rarely, no partying....

another thng i would like to share with u all....once my 10th standard Geography Prof was giving a lecture, it was the first class of the new academic year, and he was like many old faces, niice to meet you all, suddenly he changed the topic to a more serious point, he said how many of u showed your Report Cards to ur parents and told ur father, Dad this a result of ur hard work, u work day night beacuse of me and this is the result, and most of the class was like Sir its not possible to do that as we ususally get average marks....fer thode dinaa baad meri sis da 10th CBSE Board da result ayaa and she failed to get scholarship as she got 3 A1s (4 A1s are required out of 5)...and my parents were disheartened...main ous din ton decide karleya ke main hun parents nu khussh karke chhadnaa....and u know what when I saw my result on the net, I was ecstatic :clap...thn I continued my performance in 11th, 12th and college as well....:yj...12th di result was very special as my pic was publsihed in the local np and my parents received calls, tht ur son has topped this thtt :blah blah blah

but again, there have been instances where u dont agree with ur parents, u know bcoz of the generation gap, and sometimes thy say "kal de jamme sannu mattaan dinde"...it bit difficult to explain to them ur aspirations but sometimes thy do understand:w....

kuchh jeda nahi ho gaya???:nerd

pela taan nice thread layi thanku aa.......at the moment am in hurry .....going somewhere.......main late nite aavde views deonga......

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi
Bahut vadhiya thread haai....

Sab di har gal te apni apni soch hundi hai. Mere vaste rab te mere parents eko jehe nee, main rab te nahi dekhya par bachpan taun apne parents no dekhya, har dukh, sukh, meeh, haneris, dhoop jhakar. Har waqat parents majood hunde ne sade lai.

Mainu kise di life bare kuch nahi pata, but mainu lagda har insaan di zindgi vitch koi eho jeha lamha anda, jad sari duniya ohda saath chad dendi hai, but sadhe mape fer vi apniya bahan fallai baithe hunde nee....Assi chahe koi changa kam kita hove ja mara, sanu har taran naal kaboolde ne.

Kise vi value taun vadhi, kise vi cheez taun vadhi, parents di respect hai. Agar koi sadhe parents no thoda jeha ucha neeva vi bol de, taan assi us daaa khoon karan no dorde haan, fer sadhe dil vitch vi ohna lai ohi respect honi chahidi hai.

Eh sab kuch main ehsaas karan likh reha jo main thode saal pehlan mahsoos kita siga, eh ehsaas siga. Mere father ne mere mode te hath rakhya te keha "putar mainu tere te fakar hai" . oh da din hai te aaj da din, main aaj tak ehna khush kadhi vi mehsoos nahi kita, mere ander zindgi lai ek navi soch aa gai. Agar sadhe bajoorg ek vaar sanu sanu pith te sabashi de den, mainu lagda sadhi zindgi safal hai.

So meri rai vitch, kise vi value taun vadhi sadhe parents di respect te ohna da sanmaan hai. Ohnaa karan hi assi es dharti te zinde haan.

lovable_mani

got my love
pink puma kya baat hai yaar.................
kaha se late ho itne sawal...................?????
jaha tak aap ke sawaalo ke jawaab ki baat hai ,
to me yeh kehena chahuga ki...... being a indian specially punjab's
its in our blood that we have great respect for our parents, parents he ku anybody elder or smaller than us all we talk is with respect..... we listin to everything our elders tell us.........
and let me tell u i have worlds best parents......
they always fulfiled our needs, even some times without telling them we use to get wat we wanted....
so similary i m the same, if i feel they wont like if i do a thing or so, i would never do it as it will hurt them ......
one of the incidence is wen i was in my first year of college.going to pub and disco, bars is so common with the college going teens......
i was invited many a times by my friends but i never felt like going. cause i knew my parents wont like me goin their..... even i dont even take drink neither do i smoke...... its all cause i love my parents......
jaha tak baat gf ki hai i think if i like someone they will accept her,if i dont get anyone they will choose one who is perfect for me..............

pink puma

Elite
thank you saariya da for your amazing responses... mein apne jawaab vi devaan gi, but pehlan baaki vi apne views daavo ehs topic vaare

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
party5-1.gif
kiss2-1.gif

beeba ji tusi aithe jo puchheya, mainu lagda oho koi khaas puchhan aali gall hi hai ni. ki tusi aapni life enjoy kar sakonge, jado tuhaanu pata hove ke tuhaadiyaan kartootaan karke tuhaade ghar de dukhi honge? mainu ni lagda ke koi vi kamm tuhaanu khushi de sakda, jad tuhaanu pata hove ke ess kamm karke tuhaade ghar de dukhi han. so no question in that beeba ji, no one can ever get involved in such stuff.

kudi_patole_wargi

Ki Zor Gareeba Da
nice thread nav:)....baki gulabo ne bilkul theek keha we all know sadi family di limits kithey tak ne...n so far mere parents da swal aa they r very open..kise cheez layi mana nahi kita aaj tak cuz they trust their kids:)...so ohna nu kade hurt karan da swal hi nahi paida hoya...they r the best parents in this world:)..baki jehriya cheeza oh like nahi karde we know so oh asi kade kitiya hi nahin...ohni di khushi sadi khushi aa n sadi khushi ohna di...but still for me my parents come first:y

ALONE

VIP
well abt this my family come 1st 2 me.......
thats why i call my self Mr lonely
party5-1.gif
kiss2-1.gif

Although i personally value my parents reputation over my own happiness, i sometimes question this because as we have learned through our religion
praying-1.gif
and various others, one of the central features that bond us to this world is the concept of PRIDE. Having too much pride and honour cant be good either can it? Does pride not inflate our egos and does it not take us away from living a humble life?

Again this an open thread, please feel free to comment in regards to your views on maintaining family honour and reputation and whether you live in accordance with upholding your family name, or whether you simply do your own thing and why.

Thank ju :D
bye20bye-1.gif

Love,
Pink Puma
swing2-1.gif

too_much

Punjabi
nice stuff
mere opinon vich family comes first
banda zadda selfish hoke vi ni reh sakda

nalle rahi aa gf/bf valli gal taan bajurg baut sahi kehnde ne
aa gf bas viah toon pehlaan hi hund aa

baad vich girl toon bandit queen ban jandi aa
te friend toon dukhi te jallel karan wala robot

baki about good time i have felt times and again dat i enjoy more with my family. i mean when you see your whole family and friend together you feel too_good

maybe i felt that cuz i lived away from my family but i really felt a family get together is way better than clubing.

Konvicted_Jatt

S@RP@NCH
pehla taan sab nu SSA ji....
thnxxx nav for such a nice thread...
mere layee family dee reputition sab ton pehla aundee hai te apni life baad ch.... main ajj tak kade v parents de khilaaf nahi giya te na javanga....parents taan rabb da roop hunde ne.... main apne parents dee har ik gal manh-da haan....
te tuhade swaal da answer eh hai k after 10+2 main military join karna chaunda c,,, trial te giya te select v hogia bt meere taaye-chache and parents ne keha k tu military join nahi karenga,,,, tu further study karenga,,, so ohna ne mainu Australia study layee bhej ditta main ik vaar v ohna nu naah nahi keeti kyun k mainu pata c k oh jo v karange changa hee karange.... koi v parents apni aulaad nu kujh galat karan nu nahi kehnde...... so ajj main ethe study kar reha haan as dey wish..hor v bahut examples ne mere kol eda diya....
te agge c mere parents jo mainu kehange main ohi karanga..... etho tak k main marriage v ohna dee marzi de khilaaf nahi karanga.....
I LOVE MY FAMILY AND THEIR REPUTITION..... :wub

ALONE

VIP
my family means much 2 me.......
but if sm 1 love me then i know they wont care abt ny thing 4 my happiness