The Best of Bushism, 2007

SehaJ

Troublemaker
"The decisions we make in Washington have a direct impact on the people in our country, obviously."—New Albany, Ind., Nov. 13, 2007

"In other words, he was given an option: Are you with us or are you not with us? And he made a clear decision to be with us, and he's acted on that advice."—on President Pervez Musharraf, Crawford, Texas, Nov. 10, 2007

"I don't particularly like it when people put words in my mouth, either, by the way, unless I say it."—Crawford, Texas, Nov. 10, 2007

"We're going to—we'll be sending a person on the ground there pretty soon to help implement the malaria initiative, and that initiative will mean spreading nets and insecticides throughout the country so that we can see a reduction in death of young children that—a death that we can cure."—Washington, D.C., Oct. 18, 2007

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to do.' "—Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007

"I feel strongly that there ought to be fair justice."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

"My job is a job to make decisions. I'm a decision—if the job description were, what do you do—it's decision maker."—Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"There are some similarities, of course—death is terrible."—on comparisons between the wars in Vietnam and Iraq, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"That's why we are inconveniencing air traffickers, to make sure nobody is carrying weapons on airplanes."—Discussing the continuing need for heightened airline security, Washington D.C., April 3, 2007

"Some call this civil war; others call it emergency—I call it pure evil."—Washington, D.C., March 28, 2007

"Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit. I appreciate—APEC summit."—addressing the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Sydney, Australia, Sept. 7, 2007

"I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject."—answering a question concerning a possible flu pandemic, Cleveland, July 10, 2007

"I cannot look a mother and father of a troop in the eye and say, 'I'm sending your kid into combat, but I don't think we can achieve the objective.' "—Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle. He's bigger than that."—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

"Amnesty means that you've got to pay a price for having been here illegally, and this bill does that."—discussing an immigration reform bill, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2007

"We understand the fright that can come when you're worried about a rocket landing on top of your home."—Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007

"Forms of government matter, in my opinion. It matters how—the nature of the government in which people live."—Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"Information is moving—you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets."—Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be."—On benefits provided to military personnel, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007.

"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."— Speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007.