"Maya?... It has been more than.........."

I was wandering aimlessly through Ghazals section of Planet-M, when this beautiful lady waved and wished me. "hello"

I was surprised, who must be this?... I scanned my memory again and again for a possible match, but just couldn't place her... where did I met her before? How the hell she knows me?. - no clues, no hints, no songs associated -

I slowly walked to her, - no, it was not for her alluring looks - but just for courtesy "Hello... Do you know me?"

"Sure... you’re the father of one of my girls."

I was like being hit by an express train ... blood rushed into my brain '' oh god"... from my bachelor days... after all these years.. Must be singer MAYA at 'Blue Nile' or sales girl OLIVYA at 'Rhythm House'.. no, not Olivya, she was more practical... should be Maya, for sure.. . who had sung 'yun zindagi ki raah mein majboor hogaye' a number of times for me.. I had never seen much of her in broad daylight... it was either under flashing color lights of her hotel's stage, or in the slight and soft darkness of ..........*****1

"Maya?... It has been more than 15 years.........."

I won't ever forget THAT perplexed look in her eyes "No, I’m Mrunalini....... your daughter’s music teacher."

====================================================================

*****1 : STERLING THEATRE:kiven