Honesty

One day, a poor woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a river when his axe fell into the river.
When he began crying, God appeared and asked him,
"Why are you crying?"
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The woodcutter told him that he had dropped his axe into water.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God went down into the water and reappeared with a golden axe.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Is this your axe?", God asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The woodcutter said "No".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God again went down and came up with a silver axe.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Is this your axe?" God asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The woodcutter said "No".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God went down again and came up with an iron axe. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Is this your axe?", God asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The woodcutter said, "Yes".[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God was so pleased with the man's honesty that he gave him all the three axes. The woodcutter went home happy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Many months later, while the woodcutter was walking with his wife along the river, she fell into the river. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]When he began crying, God appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"My wife has fallen into the water and I can’t swim."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Is this your wife?", God asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"Yes", he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]God was furious, "YOOOOOU CHEEEEAT!! Now I am going to punish you."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The woodcutter quickly said, "Please forgive me, My Lord. It is a misunderstanding. If I said "No" to Jennifer Lopez, you would have come up with Joan Collins. If I also said "No" to her, you would have finally come up with my wife and I would say "Yes". Then you would give all the three women to me. I am a poor man. I would not be able to look after all three of them, so that's why I had to say "Yes"...[/FONT]