UPSC Civil Services Exam - 2016
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications for the recruitment of 1079 Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’ vacancies by conducting the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination-2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary. Eligible candidates may apply online from 27-04-2016 to 27-05-2016 till 11:59 pm. Other details like age limit, qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below…
UPSC Vacancy Details:
Toatl No. of Posts: 1079
Name of the Examination: Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam-2016
Name of the Service:
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
10 Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21 to 32 years as on 01-08-2016. Upper age limit is relaxable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Selection Process: Selection will be based on written exam, Interview/ Personality Test.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. No fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the website “ from 27-04-2016 to 27-05-2016 till 11:59 pm.
Instructions to Apply Online:
1. Before applying online candidates have to scan the copies of photograph & signature.
2. Log on through the website .
3. Click on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
4. Click on “Part – I/ Part – II Registration”.
5. Read the Important Instructions & fill the form with all the relevant details & submit the application form.
6. After successful registration, a unique registration ID will be allotted, note down the ID & password.
7. Now fill the personal profile, contact details, age relaxation if applicable.
8. Now fill the details of qualification, experience.
9. Now fill the details of Professional Registration, Language, Miscellaneous Module.
10. Now candidate have to choose the Recruitment Test Centre.
11. Now candidates have to upload documents in Document Upload Module
12. After uploading photograph & signature preview the ORA form and check the details carefully.
13. Now click on the submit button
14. Candidates can Pay Online using the Internet banking facility in SBI or other associated banks or can pay through Visa/ Master Debit or Credit card issued by any Bank/ Institution.
15. Here the Transaction ID & Date of Registration details will directly uploaded automatically.
16. Now pay the fee through cash at any branch of State Bank of India through the Pay-in-Slip
17. A transaction ID will be given, again revisit the website and click on the “Click here to view your Previous/ Currently active applications”.
18. Log in by registration ID & password, candidates can see “My Active Application (My draft Application)” link.
19. Now fill the details of transaction ID and Date of Transaction if paid through cash.
20. Click “Continue”, check the details of fee and submit the application.
21. Now take the printout copies of application attach the attested copies of all documents and keep it for future use.
Start Date for Submission of Online Applications 27-04-2016
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications 27-05-2016 till 11:59 pm
Date of Fee Payment 26-05-2016 at 23:59 hrs
Date of Examination 07-08-2016
Tentative Date of Main Exam December, 2016
For more details like examination centres, eligibility & other information click on the link given below…
UPSC Civil Service (Preliminary) Exam 2016 More Information