Twitter :- Sr. IT Support Engineer (Bangalore)
Twitter is growing! The IT team is looking for a Sr. IT Support Engineer to join IT End User Services as our first team member in India in our Bangalore office. This role will provide hands-on IT support to Twitter employees and assist local and remote staff with technical problems ranging from Mac troubleshooting and repairs, to audio/video conference setup and support, as well as office network and phone connectivity.
As our local IT contact, this person must exhibit a high level of professionalism in providing excellent customer service and exercise sound judgment to provide timely resolution of problems. Additionally, they must understand the office culture and maintain excellent relationships with global customers, business partners and IT team members. This role will require regular travel to Mumbai, New Delhi and other locations within South Asia to support offices, and may require working outside of normal business hours during urgent or maintenance situations. The ideal candidate will have exceptional Mac troubleshooting skills with several years experience as a remote team member in IT Helpdesk or Desktop Support in an enterprise environment.
• Responds promptly to requests for technical support via email, phone and in person as needed.
• Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and applications, providing technical support and problem solving.
• Exhibits a high level of professionalism and is passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
• Documents status of cases and provides updates to management, team and end users.
• Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to other senior staff or management.
• Participates in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support.
• Works with the Help Desk, Systems Administrators, Engineering Ops, Security and other teams to identify and resolve issues and outages.
• Supports security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication/access).
• Maintains user accounts, passwords, data integrity, system access & security within policy.
• Initiates and tracks service requests with 3rd party vendors.
• Assists with inventory management and purchasing to support operations.
• Documents and maintains standard operating procedures, best practices and customer service guidelines.
• Participates in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
• Drives quality and adherence to best practices within the team
• 2-5 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
• Experience with support ticket/queue management and tracking
• Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
• Very detail-oriented
• Exceptional Mac troubleshooting skills including the ability to differentiate hardware and software issues
• Extensive knowledge of Mac OS 10.7x, 10.8x, 10.9x and iOS
• Network fundamentals and support experience (network configs, VPN, printing, etc)
• Basic knowledge of Windows 7, 8
• Google Apps for enterprise experience
• Knowledge of video conferencing solutions and support
• iPhone and Android support experience
• Some heavy lifting required
• Some travel required within region to support offices and events
• Fluent in English
• Proven experience working as a remote member of an IT team
• Conference Room A/V Support and Live Event experience
• Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
• Knowledge of Mac Systems Administration concepts and tools
• LDAP and Active Directory experience
• Experience with Shoretel or other VOIP systems
• Deeper knowledge of desktop security (anti-virus/anti-spam/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)