Principal IT Program Mgr
Job # :- 924800
Locations :- India, Hyderabad
Job families :- Information technology (IT) & operations
Teams :- Information technology & operations
Date Posted :- 29-Jun-2015
This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements :Flex Time
Does the idea of supporting and optimizing one of the largest IT infrastructures excite you? Are you interested in working in a global environment? Do you have the passion to match business needs with the Operational processes? Do you want to lead a global initiative crucial in supporting the core Infrastructure of Microsoft IT? Do you like to think independently and come up with innovative tools and processes that can help solve IT challenges? If the answer is yes and you have solid written and verbal communications skills, organizational and collaboration skills, Service Deployment & Operations (SDO) may be the right organization for you.
Service Deployment and Operations (SDO) is an integral part of Enterprise Infrastructure Services division within Microsoft IT. SDO is responsible for Managing the Internal IT Infrastructure services and support for Microsoft Corporation, one of the world’s largest enterprise having around 45K+ servers worldwide hosted across different DC’s.
We are seeking a Senior Manager for our Vendor Management Office (VMO) who will lead the development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of vendor contract management processes, standards and metrics tracking.
In this highly visible position, you are responsible for partnering with all IT and business leadership to manage policies, processes and procedures regarding in/out-sourcing strategy, implementation plans, adoption methodologies and operational support for vendor management. As the lead of VMO, you are accountable for ensuring that the supplier(s) are delivering on strategies that align with business strategies to ensure the best possible performance and outcomes for our customers.
Strategic Vendor Management
* Participates in vendor review events which focus primarily on service delivery, industry trends, Microsoft strategic direction and similar topics.
* Facilitates periodic vendor briefings with internal staff to discuss service quality and opportunities.
* Meets regularly with vendor staff to keep apprised of strategic direction and how it would be supported by current and future relationships.
* Manages the vendor on-boarding process.
* Manages vendor relationships.
* Facilitates executive meetings/briefings which involve SDO vendors.
* Single point of contact for SDO vendors.
* Collaborates with business partners to create clear program goals. Communicates goals internally so staff is aware of expectations and consequences.
* Assists in establishing SLA and metrics dashboard including quality measurements. Regularly reviews and evaluates internal and external Service Level Agreements to identify areas of improvement.
* Regularly collaborates with business partners on potential program improvements.
* Drives ongoing process improvement to deliver increasing operational efficiency in all business partner processes.
* Continually works with functional owners to identify and implement improvements.
* Facilitates the resolution of escalated vendor-related issues.
* Keeps apprised of projects and initiatives involving IT vendors.
Process and Procedures
* Reviews industry/government best practices and selects/implements those that would apply to the IT’s VMO.
* Serves as custodian for all processes involving IT vendors.
* Manages vendor score-carding and monitoring of stakeholder satisfaction.
* Collaborates with areas of IT to ensure vendor partners are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged.
* Facilitation of meetings between various solution partners.
* Manages the Requests for Proposal process (RFP).
* Maintains IT vendor information and contact list.
Reporting Vendor Performance
* Supports budget cycle by providing vendor-related information.
* Compiles and analyzes trends that affect budgetary needs.
* Assists in the development of internal monthly management reports.
* Monitors results against goals via account dashboard; proactively reviews dashboards to preempt customer dissatisfaction.
* Acts upon gathered performance data and provides quarterly feedback to business partners to ensure quality.
* Coordinates and tracks annual IT cost savings resulting from VMO activities.
* Oversees the accuracy and timeliness of all business partners reporting. Ensures that reporting meets needs.
* Plans and conducts formal quarterly performance reviews with each account
* Owns PO and Invoice accountability for all accounts managed out f Enterprise Infrastructure Services and SDO in India.
* Reduction of IT related costs
* Minimized overlap in products and services
* Improved communication between IT and vendors
* Improved audit and regulatory compliance
* Have 5+ years of experience managing a business relying on managed services vendor contract for an information technology organization; including contract negotiation, vendor performance management, preparing and evaluating RFPs, relationship management, and a strong understanding of project management methodologies.
* Should have 5+ years of experience managing people and leading project teams within diverse areas of IT, including proven experience providing effective coaching, feedback and performance management.
* Should have 5+ years of experience managing technology vendors including contractual performance.
* MBA or Master's degree in Operations Management or Information Technology
* PMP certification preferred
* Understanding of ITIL framework/certifications would be a plus.