Post of Nurse at NISH
Vacancy for the post of Nurse
The National Institute of Speech & Hearing (NISH) invites applications from candidates for the position of Nurse.
Please note that the following conditions are applicable for all positions at NISH:
1. There are no permanent positions at NISH as per the by-law. All positions are on contract.
2. No solicitations or recommendations are allowed for any positions. Any such attempts will be treated as disqualification.
3. Candidates or their relatives or friends should not call the NISH office for any information. For any information, please send an email to . If the question warrants an answer, a reply will be sent to the sender’s address.
4. Applicants may be called in batches with most suitable candidates being called initially.
5. There will be a screening test and then the short listed candidates will be interviewed. All qualifying candidates will be placed on a rank list and called per the rank list order.
6. The candidates will be called to join for work only as per openings available.
7. The candidates called to join will be on probation for a period of 3 months during which time, performance will be monitored.
8. Only those candidates recommended after the 3 month probation will be interviewed by the Board for further contract employment.
9. Interested candidates should send in their detailed bio-data with a passport size photograph, email ID and mobile phone number super-scribing the name of the post on the envelope.
10. Certificate copies should NOT be enclosed at the time of application. The self-attested certificates will be required only if called for interview.
11. Candidates should have an email ID and mobile phone number through which information about test and interview can be sent.
12. Intimation for interview will only be sent via email. There will not be any postal-communication.
13. Applications should be sent to the Executive Director, National Institute of Speech & Hearing, NISH Road, Sreekariyam P.O., Thiruvananthapuram 695017 on or before March 25th, 2016.
Qualifications: BSc Nursing from a University recognized by UGC. Additional qualification of Post graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Nursing or Pediatric nursing. Should have professional registration as a nurse by any recognized State Nursing Council in India or by Nursing Boards approved by the Indian Nursing Council. CPR certification necessary.
Experience: Total not less than 3 years of experience with a minimum 1 years in pediatric setup. Experience in a rehabilitation center given preference. Experience in an academic set up where children with special needs are present will be an added advantage.
Age: Candidates should be below 35 years.
Pay: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be on contract as decided by the Project Board.