Screenplay: Paul W. S. Anderson
Genres: Science Fiction, Thriller, Horror, Action Film
Producers: Paul W. S. Anderson, Jeremy Bolt

Last edited:

#Jatt On Hunt

Staff member
Re: * Resident Evil - The Final Chapter (2016) - Movie *

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Delayed Due to Jovovich's Pregnancy

Resident Evil 6, tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, will be delayed as a result of franchise lead Milla Jovovich's pregnancy, Deadline reports. Her husband, Paul W.S. Anderson, is the director and producer of the film, which presumably helps make the decision easier. Anderson wrote and produced all of the films and directed three of the first five.
“There are no set dates for shooting yet. I think we’re waiting until we have a first draft screenplay and then go from there,” Anderson said back when the film, which he says will be the final installment in the series, was announced. “I don’t know [when it will be in theaters], depends how fast I write, I guess. There’s no set date yet but hopefully we’ll have an announcement for that soon.”
Deadline says that the film will begin production in 2015, after the child is born.

#Jatt On Hunt

Staff member
'Resident Evil 6' spoiler: Ali Larter confirms no more installments after The Final Chapter

With the upcoming film in the "Resident Evil" franchise having the title of "The Final Chapter," longtime supporters are wondering if the sixth installment really is the concluding one.

As the production starts next month in South Africa, Ali Larter was asked by IGN if the rumors are true and Resident Evil 6 will be the last one. The actress who portrays Claire Redfield in two iterations, definitively answered with, "I know it is."

When prodded on how the creative team will wrap up the story that has spun for 13 years, Larter shared that she cannot divulge specific details "We are not allowed to say one thing. I am held to secrecy," she said with a laugh.

"But what I can tell you is that the script is amazing. They're really wrapping up the whole series, so that just makes it a little more poignant. To be able to come back and reprise my role as Claire and my relationship with Alice, with Umbrella Corp. -- you know, I'm excited to get back in it. I think the fans are just going to be beyond excited," she continued.

Larter first appeared in the series for "Resident Evil: Extinction" in 2007 and returned for "Resident Evil: Afterlife" in 2010.

Although the franchise is coming to an end, she said that she is not disappointed, "How many movies have this kind of fanbase and get to be made six times?"

She also mentioned that she is proud to be part of the "changing" norms in Hollywood, where female-led movies are given more focus, "It's baffling [that they're not more popular], but I do believe it's changing. I do believe it's happening. I love that it's not seven men and one woman. I mean, these are two women, and they're not competing with each other. You know, there are such easy clichés these two could fall into, but this is definitely a female power movie."

According to Comicbook, The Final Chapter will revolve around Alice, Jill, Claire, Leon and Chris as they infiltrate the Hive to stop The Red Queen on extinguishing the human population.

Mila Jovovich and Wentworth Miller return as Alice and Chris Redfield, respectively. Paul Anderson will once again direct the movie.