withdraw money from canadain debit card

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
I am in india for 2 weeks I just want to withdraw some money from my Canadaian debit card or account. .is anyone know how can I do that?

onlycheema

Banned
CIBC? TD? If your debit card has Visa, Mastercard etc. sign then you can go to any ATM with Visa sign. Otherwise you are out of luck, and your account can get flagged. Visa et al. ATMs will ask you about the Chequing and Savings account.

Have you told the bank that you will be out of Canada? You should have told them, now you can be hit with double fee. One transaction fee, and other currency exchange fee.

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
I am with td. .yes I have told about it to bank. ..they said you can use it on any atm

can I use my credit card or mastercard on shopping stores?

CIBC? TD? If your debit card has Visa, Mastercard etc. sign then you can go to any ATM with Visa sign. Otherwise you are out of luck, and your account can get flagged. Visa et al. ATMs will ask you about the Chequing and Savings account.

Have you told the bank that you will be out of Canada? You should have told them, now you can be hit with double fee. One transaction fee, and other currency exchange fee.

userid114437

Yea u can withdrw money from debit card,,,,use hdfc banks atm machine,,,coz the conversion fees is less then other banks. Withdrw all the money u need at one time,,,coz if u use debit card again and again u will b charged everytime.

deep

Prime VIP
I am with td. .yes I have told about it to bank. ..they said you can use it on any atm

can I use my credit card or mastercard on shopping stores?

yes you can just be prepared to shell extra and bank will charge currency conversion fee on all credit card transactions.