Vettel admits Indian GP is "inspirational"

Double Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has hailed the Indian way of life as "an inspiration".
Vettel made an eye-opening visit to the Taj Mahal on Wednesday, with the journey to and from one of the seven wonders of the world proving to be something of a revelation.
For a man who has spent the majority of his adult life cocooned in F1's bubble, the 24-year-old was left appreciating a far different world ahead of the sport's maiden race on the subcontinent this weekend.
"The country is very interesting, very different," said Vettel.
"We went to the Taj Mahal, which is a very touristy thing to do, but the drive there and back teaches you so much about the country, about what is going on and how the people live.
"Compared to Europe, the living standard is quite a lot lower, but to the people it doesn't seem to make a difference. They're happy, always friendly.
"It definitely brings your feet back on the ground in many ways, makes you understand many things.
"It's an inspiration, makes you think about things much more that you take for granted."
However, when it comes to how the Indians get from A to B, that left Vettel shaking his head in bewilderment.
The rules of the road, as we know them in Europe, go out of the window in India where it is commonplace to drive the wrong way around roundabouts and to ignore traffic lights and other signs.
"On the way to the Taj Mahal I asked our Indian driver whether people take a test to get their licence," added Vettel.
"He said no, people just buy it. You pay and you get the licence.
"Coming from Europe we have so many rules, especially where traffic is concerned, and sometimes it is really complicated sticking to all the rules.
"Here in India I wouldn't say you have no rules, just way less, but it works for you.
"We didn't see a single crash, and even though it seems like chaos, it's organised chaos.
"If you look at the cars (with all the dents) you can see sometimes the tuk-tuks make contact."
Vettel will naturally be hoping to avoid making any contact of his own during this weekend's inaugural race in India.
With his second title safely in the bag, the Buddh International Circuit at least offers Vettel a new challenge before the season is over.
"The track is what matters most to us, and it looks interesting, challenging," said Vettel.
"Some corners are pretty wide, which allows us to choose many lines and so make overtaking easier, but we have to find out, to feel it inside the car.
"We had an opportunity to check things out in the simulator, but it is different when you are on track.
"But I'm thrilled to be here, I've heard a lot of good things, that it is supposed to be sold out, which is good for us as drivers.
"If we see the people are passionate, enthusiastic about what we do then it doesn't get much better than that for us."