Vaas signs on for new season

Former Sri Lankan bowler, Chaminda Vaas, has signed a one-year contract to remain with Northamptonshire for the 2012 season.
The 37-year-old, who has over 750 first-class wickets to his name, was thrilled to re-sign and now looks forward to playing a vital role in the county's bid for promotion.
He said: "I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to another season with Northants.
"I feel I've done really well and I can't wait for another brilliant season next year. I'll continue to give 100% for the team.
"From the outset we had a clear plan to get promotion, and so far the team has played brilliantly.
"All the lads are confident and I'm looking forward to helping the team get promoted to Division One of the County Championship."
Vaas arrived at the County Ground in 2009 and has been a star performer this season, taking 65 LV= County Championship wickets at an average of 21.4.
Head coach David Capel said: "It's very pleasing news. If you look at the stats, 65 wickets at 21, bowling a lot of line and length and moving the ball around, he has done a great job for us this year.
"It's fantastic that he wants to be with us and continue the excellent relationship we have with him."