Shastri living in a fool’s world: Ganguly

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
The raging feud between two former Indian captains today turned uglier after Sourav Ganguly lashed out at Ravi Shastri, saying the Mumbaikar was “living in a fool’s world”.
Being pipped by Anil Kumble for the chief coach’s post, Shastri created a controversy when he said that Ganguly, part of the three-member Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), was not present during his interview which he found to be “disrespectful”.
A furious Ganguly today gave it back by questioning Shastri’s “seriousness” while giving an interview.
“I just feel his (Shastri) comments are very personal. If Ravi Shastri feels that Sourav Ganguly was responsible for him not being the India coach, he is living in a fool’s world,” Ganguly said.
“It angers me that he suggested that I should be available for such meetings. I have been a part of BCCI meetings for some time and I have always been available. My advice to Ravi is that when the coach of India is being selected, he should be in front of the committee and not in Bangkok and give a presentation while being on a holiday,” Ganguly said.
“I read in a couple of newspapers and chose to ignore it. I am extremely saddened that he went on air to express his view; especially someone who has been in every BCCI committee for the last 20 years. He has been in my position, selecting the coach 10 years back. He is aware of everything.
“I informed BCCI on June 19th and I have got official mails. I will circulate those mails once I get a clearance from BCCI,” Ganguly said.
“I had informed BCCI that there was a CAB Working Committee meeting that day. Ravi’s meeting was scheduled for 4.15 pm, but it was delayed to after 5 pm and I came out of the meeting.”