Sabourin leads local players into next round

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
Dubai: Guillaume Sabourin was among the handful of players easing their way into the second round of qualifying at the 10th UAE Dubai ITF Junior Championships that got under way at the Aviation Club yesterday.
Sabourin was impressive in his 6-0, 6-0 thrashing of Pakistan's Daniyal Jafarey and was joined by Anshul Choubal, Fahad Al Janahi, Mohammad Ahli, Rickard Strand, Majid Al Falasi and Abdul Rahman Al Janahi in the second round of the qualifiers that will be held today.
"I am glad to get through to the next round so easily," Sabourin said. "But now that this is out of the way I will have to concentrate on my second match which I think will be a tough one," he added.And should Sabourin win that second round match he will have to take on another Pakistani player, Syed Zohair Raza, who won two matches on the trot yesterday. "As of now I don't want to look too far. I need to focus on my next match," Sabourin said. This is the 10th year of the tournament that gives junior players here a chance to play against some top players in the world.
RESULTS
Syed Zohair Raza bt Pranav Walia 6-4, 6-2; Behnam Shahrestanikia bt Thomas Linge 6-4, 6-3; Jordan Janszen bt Essam Freiha 6-0, 6-0; Dominik Thusing bt Mishaal Choudhury 6-1, 6-0; Michael Mmoh bt Puneet Varier 6-1, 6-2; Mohammad Talha Surmawala bt Theodor Passenheim 6-0, 6-1; Anshul Choubal bt Ahmad Al Ali 6-0, 6-2; Fahad Al Janahi bt Abdullah Khair 6-3, 6-3; Mohammad Ahli bt Pradeep Ravisankar 6-3, 2-6, 5-1 (retd.); Sina Adabi bt Abdul Razaq Dhani Bakht 6-0, 6-1; Abdul Rahman Al Azzam bt Abdullah Al Hashemi 6-0, 6-0; Rickard Strand bt Karan Soni 6-1, 6-2; Rashid Al Bader bt Ansh Bhatia 6-0 (retd.); Majid Al Falasi bt Palash Mishra 6-0, 2-6, 6-1; Luciana Rabinees bt Fatema Shamte 6-0, 6-0; Karishma Bhawnani bt Nancy Fawzi (walkover); Guillaume Sabourin bt Daniyal Jafarey 6-0, 6-0; Sophie Dunlop bt Mallika Raghunathan 6-1, 4-0 (retd.); Syed Zohair Raza bt Behnam Shahrestanikia 6-2, 6-0; Michael Mmoh bt Mohammad Talha Surmawala 6-1, 6-3.