Rasool looks to make India A mark

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member
Jammu & Kashmir allrounder Parvez Rasool has said the upcoming India A tour of Australia is important for him and he will try to put in his best efforts to secure a place in the senior side.

"The Australia tour is very important for me," Rasool said. "I am going to Australia with the A team and I hope to perform well and get a place in the Indian team very soon."

Rasool, who recently became the first cricketer from the Kashmir valley to get an ODI cap, said he believes he has to perform well whenever a chance comes his way.

"Whenever I get a chance to play, I will put in my best and try to perform very well to represent the country in many tournaments," he said.

He said it was an overwhelming feeling to get an ODI cap and a great experience to play for the country. "When I played for my state in the Ranji [Trophy], it was a good feeling but when I got an ODI cap, the feeling was overwhelming. I felt really great to play an international match."

Rasool praised India's team management for the support they had shown him. "I got huge support from my captain and coach," he said. They had some very encouraging words for me after my performance and it felt very good. To include a cricketer in the playing eleven is the team management's decision. The wickets in Bangladesh were suited more for the medium-pacers than the spinners."