Ozil backs Casillas for Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil believes that teammate and captain Iker Casillas deserves the award being the top goalkeeper in the world for many years.
Although the official FIFA Ballon d'Or shortlist has not been announced, many in Real Madrid's star-studded squad are widely favoured to make the list for the award.
The winner will be voted by coaches and captains from national teams as well as journalists from around the world.
Ozil, a Germany international, has revealed who his choice will be should he be given the chance to vote.
He told bwin.com: "Casillas has been for many years the best keeper in the world and I would give him this award,
"There is a good chance that Cristiano Ronaldo will win it and I hope he does."
Ozil joined Madrid from Werder Bremen in 2010 and has been a regular in the lineup for Los Blancos since. He said that he is happy with life at the Bernabeu and conceded that Spanish and German football are almost the same.
"I play for the best club in the world, I am a regular starter and I have the coach's trust," he added. "My goal is to improve and help my team even more.
"The only difference between La Liga and the Bundesliga is that in Spain, the smaller clubs also have a high technical level, while in Germany they are more about fighting spirit."
The Ballon d'Or shortlist will be disclosed on 1 November and presented on 9 January next yea