Mazzari: We didn't deserve to lose

Napoli coach Walter Mazzari believes his charges deserved at least a point in their 3-2 loss against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Napoli's defeat means Manchester City have now leapfrogged over them into second place in Group A, three points behind leaders Bayern, leaving Mazzari's men with a task on their hands if they are to qualify for the knockout round.
But despite Wednesday's loss, Mazzari was effusive in his praise of his players, whom he believed had shown plenty against a side he rates as one of Europe's finest at the moment.
"I don't think my team deserved to lose," Mazzari said on UEFA.com. "Especially for what we did in the second half.
"We played well against one of the strongest teams in Europe and we're really disappointed to lose.
"My players were great in the second half, and did all they could to try to level [the scores] even if it seemed impossible."
Napoli found themselves 3-0 down after before halftime after Mario Gomez struck a hat-trick after just 42 minutes, but the Serie A outfit hit back with a brace from Federico Fernandez, although it ultimately proved too little too late.
Mazzari conceded his side were made to pay for their sluggish start, although he feels Napoli can still take plenty of positives despite the loss.
"We didn't start well - we made some mistakes and they took advantage of them. They're really good and have more experience than us.
"Then we all talked together during the break and things changed in the second half.
"We got a draw two weeks ago [in the first match against Bayern] but I think we played better tonight [Wednesday] that we did at home.
"We deserved more, yet it was still a great night for us because of what we did."
Napoli face an equally tough test in their next match at the weekend, when they host table-topping Juventus in the Serie A on Sunday.