Keegan: Dalglish behind Reds revival

Kevin Keegan believes Liverpool's revival from their disastrous form of last year has strictly been down to the return of club icon Kenny Dalglish.
Furthermore, Keegan believes only a manager of Dalglish's influence could have inspired such a turnaround.
Just over a year ago, Liverpool were struggling in the Barclays Premier League under Roy Hodgson and looked set for a season of mid-table mediocrity.
However, Hodgson's sacking and the subsequent appointment of Dalglish in January saw a complete revival in the club's fortunes, with many tipping Liverpool to reclaim their place amongst England's elite in the season's to come.
Furthermore, the last few months have seen the Reds assert themselves as a major force not only on the field, but off it as well, with the club securing the big-money signings of Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.
And Keegan has no doubts as to who has been responsible for the air of excitement currently surrounding Anfield.
"I think only he [Dalglish] could have come in at the time and lifted the club," Keegan said on Liverpool's official website. "They needed someone who the fans believed in.
"Only Kenny could have come in and made that immediate impact because of his knowledge of the club.
"For example, when I went to Fulham, I had to learn about the club - but you don't need to learn about anything if you've played and managed here before."
Keegan also reveals he always knew Dalglish would take up Liverpool's offer when they came knocking.
"I wasn't surprised to see him return because it's in your blood.
"He was at the club and he was seeing things - things he knew probably weren't quite right or that if he was making a certain decision, it would be a different one.
"So he had that big advantage of being there and getting an overview of all of the club. When he came in, he hit the ground running."
And when asked on how Liverpool would fare this season, Keegan revealed his belief that a top-four finish would not exactly be a bad thing for the Reds.
"[I think they will finish] fourth or third. The reason I think they've got a great chance is because they're not in Europe, although it seems as though Kenny is treating the Carling Cup as Europe by putting strong sides out.
"But it's not the same pressure and you're not shooting over 2,000 miles to play in Russia, then come back and have to go to London on the Saturday - that's tiring.
"Not getting into the Europa League was a big plus for Liverpool, I think, and why I think they have a chance of getting into the top four."
Liverpool are currently sixth in the Premier League, a point behind Chelsea and Tottenham, who are fourth and fifth respectively.