ICC's new ball rule helping pacers: Vinay Kumar

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Mohali October 20

India pacer R Vinay Kumar said that new rule of having a new ball at each end in the one-dayers is benefitting the fast bowlers.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) introduced the rule, among many others, at the start of the month. "I am feeling good. I am happy with my performance (in Delhi). Initially, the white ball didn't swing much. But using two new balls has been very helpful for bowlers," said Vinay Kumar, who picked up four wickets in India's eight-wicket win over England in the second ODI in Delhi on Monday.

"Previously, the ball used to swing 5-6 overs but now it keeps on swinging for 10-12 overs. It is a plus factor for bowlers," said Vinay Kumar on the eve of the third ODI. The Karnataka pacer said Mohali will help swing bowlers. "History says that the Mohali wicket is good for fast bowlers. Hopefully, we will get good swing here," he said. The pacer was also all praise for Virat Kohli, whose unbeaten hundred earned him the man of the match in the second ODI. "Virat played really well. It was a brilliant knock. For me as long as the team wins it's more than enough," he said.