Here is why advocate Salve deemed Dhoni corrupt...

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member
Advocate Harish Salve, who argued in the Supreme Court on Thursday that India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was guilty of corrupt conduct, tweeted on Friday stating his reasons for terming Dhoni corrupt.

“I have admired Dhoni's skills on the field. However possibly by error of judgment he not only took a job as Vice President in Ind Cement but he appeared before Mudgal comm (with Srini) and asserted that meiyapan had no connection with CSK. A cover up to save M is corruption as defined in the relevant regulations. That was my submission in the SC. Also that I can't believe that capt of CSK didn't know M's role,” Salve tweeted.

He further went on to state that the BCCI did nothing to help the CBI in their probe and has appealed to the Government to make punishable laws for bringing dishonour through sport.

“When the CBI had found players guilty of throwing away wickets in cohorts with bookies they could not file charges because the cheated party -- BCCI -- refused to file a complaint that they had been cheated. The players got away. I had as solicitor general

recommended a law punishing those who bring shame to national honour by indulging is such activities. It's time we build public opinion to force the govt to make laws to punish those who destroy the purity inherent in sport.”