Guardiola: Messi is simply magnificent

Pep Guardiola gushed over Lionel Messi's performance as the forward notched a hat-trick to consign Viktoria Plzen to a 4-0 Champions League defeat.
Pep Guardiola's men proved far too strong for the Czech side, whose already tall order had become an almost insurmountable one after going down to ten men in the 22nd minute, and Spaniard reserved high praise for Messi's virtuoso performance.
Speaking to UEFA.com, the Spaniard said: "The most important thing is that we're through to the next phase and evidently in our next game against AC Milan we'll be fighting for top spot in the group. "
"We're very satisfied to be in the next round with a couple of games to spare. European competition isn't easy, especially at this stage of the season.
"It's normal that you can underestimate opponents but at this level it takes a lot of effort [to win]. Just look at Milan's [result] tonight [Tuesday] playing away at BATE. It's always hard and I have to admit that in the past, Kazan and Kyiv were great learning curves for me", he added.
Guardiola believes that Messi can the break Cesar Rodriguez's club record of 235 goals for Barcelona.
"We have to congratulate Leo [Messi] for once again scoring goals. He has scored his 202nd goal [for Barcelona] at just 24 years of age which says it all really.
"I am convinced he will beat César Rodríguez's club record [of 235] but I don't know if he'll do it this season; it depends on how we do in the rest of the campaign but you can't rule it out", the manager said.
"As coaches, we are here to help players like him and others. I tried to move him closer to the area when I arrived at the club; I knew I had to put him in the centre. [Messi] is also conscious that without his team-mates and the people around him none of this would be possible", he concluded.