Flower defends his players' behaviour in wake of Dhoni's cri

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
England coach Andy Flower has defended his players behaviour in the wake of MS Dhoni's public criticism of their on-field behaviour following their defeat in the one-day match in Mohali on Thursday. dia beat England convincingly in Mohali to take an unbeatable lead of 3-0 in five match ODI series.

Dhoni felt that England's language had overstepped the mark, with each other as well as his own team, saying that while nobody minds a bit of chit-chat during play, England had allowed it to become too personal, The Telegraph reports.

Flower said: "I am very proud of our record and the way we conduct ourselves in international cricket and we generally set very high standards. As a principle we try to focus on doing our jobs well and we refrain from making moral judgments about the opposition."

Tim Bresnan snatched his cap from umpire Sudhir Asnani at the end of the over, for which the Yorkshireman was fined �250 after pleading not guilty at Mohali.

"I think the officials are there to ensure that sporting conduct occurs and if the game was not being played in the right way it is their job to step in," said Flower.

"After the Delhi game, the match referee spoke to the captains of both sides about both sides' behaviour and I think he was right to do so. I think the behaviour of both sides in the second game could have been better," he added.

Bresnan and Samit Patel were involved in sledging as a tactic to undermine India