Emirati volunteers for F1 praised

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Abu Dhabi: The Takatof Programme for Social Volunteering, an initiative of the Emirates Foundation for Philanthropy, successfully completed its participation in the 2011 Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, held at the Yas Marina Circuit from November 11-13.

Hundreds of Emiratis volunteered at the Formula One event, offering a range of services inside and outside Yas Marina Circuit, including transportation of VIPs and assisting journalists in the Media Centre. Commenting on the event, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Chairman of Yas Marina Circuit, said: "On behalf of everyone involved in the organisation of the Grand Prix, I would like to thank the volunteers who have yet again made an incredible contribution to the event. They represent the true spirit of the UAE, and have delivered their duties with the utmost professionalism and pride."

This year, the Media Centre hosted more than 350 international and regional media representatives, and the Takatof volunteers were integral to the smooth running of the centre over the four-day event.

Matteo Bonciani, FIA Head of Communications, said: "I was very impressed by the high level of performance and professionalism that the volunteers showed, while performing their tasks in the Media Centre.

Maitha Al Habsi, Director of Takatof, said: "I am glad to note that Takatof's participation at the event was appreciated by officials, who have expressed their pride at the efforts made by UAE young people during the three-day event."