Dhoni unfazed with bowling woes

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member

India captain believes IPL experience will help India's young bowlers at World Twenty20

59928-1.jpg

India captain MS Dhoni on Friday (March 14) said that experience of playing in similar conditions will benefit the Indian bowlers at the ICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.

India failed to make the final of the recently-concluded Asia Cup and copped criticism due to its bowlers' inability to win matches on foreign soil.

Given that the Indian squad is full of big hitters, one would think Dhoni's concern lies in the bowling frailty, but the captain seemed unfazed. "We have got bowlers who have played a lot of T20, not internationally you may say but quite a few games in India especially in the IPL," Dhoni said.

"The condition being similar will really help them. The standard of IPL is very high and they have played against the best players in the world. They have to execute their plans, I think that will really help them. Overall, it will be a good challenge for them."

Dhoni, who missed the Asia Cup due to an injury, said he felt revived after the break. "I always look at the positive side. For me the positive side was that I got some rest," he said. "I was at home, no work, nothing just watching television.

"Overall it was a break for 10-12 days and I am back playing international cricket."

India kickstarts its campaign against Pakistan on March 21 (Friday) at Mirpur.