Blues confident of another title

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2478052187.jpg
Chennai: Touted among the favourites for the Champions League T20 title, the 2009 winners New South Wales Blues believe that they have sufficient firepower to live up to expectations.

Coach Anthony Stuart, in the course of a media interaction here yesterday, pointed out that his team had a sufficient number of young players who, combining with the experienced lot, can yet put up a strong challenge.

"The conditions here are challenging and we have to adapt quickly. But we have a lot of guys, who have played in these conditions, who are capable of adjusting to them. We have experienced players like Stuart Clark, Simon Katich, David Warner, Shane Watson and Steven Smith, as well as talented youngsters like Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc.

"So, we have some good players who can play in all formats and conditions," asserted Stuart who was obviously looking forward to the likes of Watson to join the team after completing his international commitment with the National side currently touring Sri Lanka.

On his part, skipper Katich, admitted that he was miffed at losing the Australian central contract, but preferred to look ahead rather than dwell on the past.

Done and dusted

"It [losing central contract] was obviously painful, but what happened three months ago is done and dusted. I have always loved playing for New South Wales, and I would focus on a good summer with them. I am excited to be a part of it, and I don't have any point to prove to anyone," he said.

Given the nature of T20 cricket, it is to be expected that the bowlers would come in for some punishment, but then, it was important that their morale be kept high, felt Katich.

"The nature of the format is that even the best in business could be taken for a few boundaries, but we have to understand that this happens in this format, and shouldn't get negative.

"We shouldn't be too hard on the bowler, and should try and help them bounce back. We have a few quicks who can knock a few heads over in our side," he said.
[/img][/COLOR]