Benzema happy to break Lyon jinx

Karim Benzema was delighted after Real Madrid broke their Stade de Gerland jinx on Wednesday night with a 2-0 win over Lyon.
Real had yet to record a victory at Lyon prior to Wednesday, but finally managed to do so thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo brace.
And former Lyon man Benzema admits he is unsure why Los Blancos had previously struggled at the Stade de Gerland.
"I don't know why Real Madrid had never won at Gerland before, but what matters is we finally did tonight," Benzema said on Real's official website.
"We played well and we're very happy. Olympique Lyonnais have great players and they made things difficult for us.
"We've improved this year. We had a good season last year, but we're better now. We can still make progress and we continue to improve."
Real defender Raul Albiol was also pleased with Tuesday's result, especially since he was able to take the field despite having to wear a mask due to a facial injury.
And the Spain international insists he does not care where he is deployed, as long as he is able to play his part for the team.
"I'll be able to take off the mask in a few days. The most important thing is that the manager used me tonight [Wednesday].
"We have to help the team whenever we can and wherever we play. What matters is that we took three points.
"I don't care if I play as a centre-back or as a full-back. I had to help the team due to a team-mate's injury."
And while Albiol was quick to point that the whole team had played their part in the win, he admitted Ronaldo's goalscoring form is making things easier for them.
"We gave a great performance in the first half and we had chances to finish the game after half-time.
"Cristiano's 100-goal mark is hard to overtake.
"We are aware of his potential and he has yet to score many more goals."
Real are next in action against Osasuna in La Liga on Saturday.