To My Turban

Dear Turban,
I was of age 14 when I was for the first time introduced to you. I didn’t like you too much that time, You were more of a compulsion than a choice for me. I thought I looked weird or may be funny with you. I made many excuses not to be with you initially. This continued for few years. As time passed, I got more comfortable with you. By college days, I think I started liking you. I bought more colors and new combinations and then even more colors. Now I felt higher in spirits and in height , with you. You became a part of my every occasion. Different style in class, different with Bhangra, different with Gatka, different when I was tired in evening and wanted to relax, but you were always there. Then I came abroad, where people looked at me differently, saw me from a distance and now recognized me from a distance.I could be identified among a million in a second. My presence or absence was felt. People ask me about you, how many colors do I have, how long, why, whats the significance etc and I feel so happy telling them. I didn’t realize when you became such an integral part of me that no one would recognize me without you, and I wouldnt imagine myself on the other side. Initially I wore you for my family, then for my religion , Now I wear it for myself. You are a constant reminder for me to stay in rising spirits, to do the right thing and do it without fear, to stand up for the right person, to keep a high moral and that everything I do, represents my religion ,my values and my faith . <My Gurus announced to the world "“if you need help and don’t know whom to approach, find a guy with a turban and he shall help you"”>. I wear you because when I wrap you around my head layer by layer,Everyday, I remember my duty to live nobly, keep up the respect of my family and religion. You have given me a different life. I think I am in deep love with you and may this love keep growing every day, every year , every generation.

"TERE BHANE SARBAT DA BHALAA"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited: