Many people to go to the beach only to be dazed by the gorgeous womanly beauty all around and no woman really wants too be considered a sore spot in the beautiful scenery with only their bikinis to cover their bare bodies. Beach fun can range from playing volleyball, basking in the sun for that sexy tan, swimming in the ocean to rafting and other water sports. Here are some tips to protect your skin from the negative effects of wind, sun and salty water:
- Sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 is the most essential item on the beach to block off the harmful UV rays from the sun and prevents skin cancer.
- The best way to apply sunscreen is to exfoliate the skin and remove the dry and dead skin cells and apply sunscreen 20 minutes before venturing outside to allow for your skin to absorb it fully.
- Reapply sunscreens after every two hours.
- If you go for a swim or splash in the ocean, apply the sunscreen as soon as you dry off.
- Even after when we come back from the beach, do not think that you are safe from the sun indoors until you take care to soothe, cool and moisturize your skin to makeup for any damage that might have occurred during the time you spent on beach. Aloevera is quite good for the purpose. It is better to use oil-free moisturizers after all that sweating on the beach.
- Hairs are very much susceptible to damage like skin. Chlorine used in the pool may give a greenish tinge to your hair while salt can dry them up. Wind and humidity on the beach are known to frizz up your hair too and may cause your hair color to fade. To avoid all this and more, shampoo your hair and apply a leave-in conditioner before going to the beach for a swim.
- After the swim, be sure to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the chemical and mineral buildup in your hair.
- Women with curly hair should use hair products with added moisturizers and silicone that does not allow humidity to damage hair and should dry hair with a diffuser after the swim.
- Women with straight hair should use hair products with silicone and ingredients to block humidity. After the swim, they should dry hair using the flatiron and can also maintain the smooth texture of their hair by using sealants.
- While basking in the sun, be sure to wear hat to cover your hair and hair cream with ultra-violet filters to keep off the harmful effects of the sun.