10 tips to remember when you wear white
White is classic and will never go out of style. But you need to know how to wear it right if you want to carry it off well. Here are a few points you need to keep in mind...
1. Golden rule: Wear skin-coloured/nude inners, because white inners always show through most summer-friendly fabrics. Try to ensure that the shade of the inners is as close as possible to your skin tone.
2. Keep in mind that white tends to make certain areas look a little larger as it reflects light, so a white might not look very flattering on parts of the body which should not be looking oversized!
3. One should be careful while selecting white shoes if one's feet are very large. Going for tapered circular tipped shoes (not pointy, not t-front) is a good choice. Keep it sleek.
4. One should avoid white white sandals or 'chappals' if one's feet are not presentable, as white draws a lot of attention, and usually shines due to contrast on Asian skin tones. Again nothing lumpy, or overpowering.
5.Use skin products/cosmetics before wearing a white outfit. Infact it's best to wear an outfit only once the product has fully dried, else it may leave marks which may ruin the radiance of the outfit and make it look unkempt. This applies to deodorants also.
6. Try to use deodorants which deter sweating around the arm pits, this would help keep the garment free from sweat stains.
7. Men need to ensure that their body hair doesn't fuzz out at places, body hair shine along white garments, specially shirts. Looking neat in whites is very crucial.
9. Never overstuff your pockets. This helps keep the ironing and the silhouette of the ensemble in place.
10. White sarees can be worn with contrast blouses, but one should ensure the the pleating of the pallu reduces the visibility of the blouse area which has to get covered under the saree, i.e. the blouse should not be visible through the 'pallu'. The opening of the blouse should be very well finished. It would be better to wear a blouse with a zipper instead of hooks when you are wearing white.