Will make sequel to 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Sunny Deol

Will make sequel to 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Sunny Deol​

Bollywood actor Sunny Deol is on cloud nine after his just-released comedy 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' received a positive response from the audiences, so much so that he is already thinking about a sequel.
'We will definitely go in for a sequel now. It's very important because when people like characters, they want to see them over and over again and sequels are successful nowadays so now our energies will be focused on how to get a better subject for the sequel. In every respect, the sequel needs to be bigger and better so we'll keep that in mind,' Sunny told IANS.
'We'll keep the same genre. Right now, we are just thinking on the different directions that we can take in the sequel. Roughly we also thought on the lines of taking the story to Los Angeles. but nothing is planned as of now,' he added.
'Yamla Pagla Deewana' that released last Friday is the story of a man in Canada who sets out on a journey to look for his lost father and brother in India. The film brings together Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby on screen together after 'Apne' that released in 2007.
Sunny, who had not seen a hit in years, is quite elated with the success of the film and says that he desperately needed it.
'I'm very happy and excited seeing people's reaction. The best thing is that people are actually coming out happy from the theatres. Usually when a film releases with a lot of hype, people don't like it but with this film that didn't happen. People are loving it so I'm happy,' said the 54-year-old.
'I knew it would work but obviously when the film is about to release you get nervous because the success of this film was very important for me since I haven't had a success for a long time now and everything works on your current success.
'People are not bothered on how many good films you have done in the past. The public knows and the fans know your worth but people in the industry who make films are not bothered about what you are capable of. They only go by what the Friday says,' he added.
In the film, Sunny played the role of a calm Sikh man who becomes violent when angry.
Is he like that in real life too?
'I don't easily get angry but when I do lose my temper then its really bad. I try to be as patient as possible but when I get really angry, my anger becomes violent and I don't want that. So I try not to let that happen as far as possible,' revealed the actor.
Finally, a visibly happy Sunny informed that they are planning a big do to celebrate the success of the film.
'By the weekend, we are looking forward to a good celebration. We will have fun and celebrate this,' he said.