Why is Priyanka Chopra sad?

chief

Prime VIP

Memories of Leh

The cloudburst in Leh, in North India, that took many lives and unleashed great damage, has saddened Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra who has many memories of the place. She stayed there for a year as a kid when her father, who was in the army, was posted there.

“I have amazing memories of Leh. We were all army kids there. We weren't living in houses, we were in bunkers in the valley and there was a stupa right on top of a hill which used to overlook our valley,” Priyanka is quoted as saying by a news agency.

Priyanka, 28, revisited the valley a few years ago for the shooting of a song for Vipul Shah's 2005 movie Waqt - The Race Against Time.

“I went to Leh a couple of years back when we had to shoot 'Subah hogi', a song for my film 'Waqt'. At that time, I visited the place where I used to stay and the markets. Leh carries so many memories for me. The calamity is just unbelievable and sad,” she added.

The concerned actress is now urging her 500,000-plus followers on social networking site Twitter to extend their support for Leh.

“There are a lot of ways of sending resources, and little things such as sending old clothes from your cupboards can help. There are organisations that are getting together things and sending them in bulk. I am working with them and with the hospitals that are sending medication,” said the actress who also the newly appointed brand ambassador for UNICEF.