When Hakla lier sharukh khan broke his promise

prithvi.k

on off on off......

Vishal Punjabi, the advertising head of Shah Rukh Khan's company, Red Chillies Entertainment, has resigned.
Vishal Punjabi, the advertising head of Shah Rukh Khan’s company, Red Chillies Entertainment, has resigned. Though closely associated with SRK for nearly seven years, Punjabi is not a part of SRK’s company anymore. The resignation, which sent shock waves in the industry, was given about 3-4 weeks ago.

Rumour has it that Punjabi put in his papers because SRK did not fulfill a promise he made to him once: that of allowing Punjabi to direct a film, based on Anuja Chauhan’s novel The Zoya Factor which Red Chillies Entertainment would produce.

Says a source, “Punjabi has been wanting to direct a film for a long time. For five years, SRK had been telling Punjabi that he would support him in making this film. With time, SRK gradually backed out of it. Whenever Punjabi would try and negotiate with him, they never reached a common consensus.”

How long could he wait? Five years is a very long period. He now plans to set up his own production house

Fed up of waiting for so long, Punjabi has now chosen to look for a producer outside Red Chillies Entertainment. Adds the source, “How long could he wait? Five years is a very long period. He now plans to set up his own production house.”

A top official from Red Chillies Entertainment (on request of anonymity) confirms that Punjabi has quit Red Chillies Entertainment, but adds, “However, he still does some work for us.” When asked about SRK’s promise to Punjabi, the official says, “We are not aware of this. That’s between SRK and Punjabi. How can anybody else comment on that? Only SRK can throw more light on it.”

Repeated text messages to SRK however remained unanswered.

Meanwhile, Punjabi confirms that he is not an employee of SRK’s company anymore. Putting up a brave front, he adds, “Red Chillies Entertainment hasn’t told me anything about not doing my film.

On date, they are busy with other productions. But I shall make a film for Red Chillies Entertainment. And who else would they make it with?”

The confident Punjabi insists that he is currently taking a break and says, “My wife is expecting our baby.” Aw... a greeting card perhaps, Shah Rukh?