Verbal spat between Prahlad Kakkar and Abhishek Bachchan

chief

Prime VIP
Verbal spat between ad man Prahlad Kakkar and Abhishek Bachchan

Verbal spats in Bollywood are nothing new. Almost every second person from the industry has been into some verbal spat or the other. Examples of this are dime a dozen in the industry.

The latest one is something which can be called as a most unlikely one. It started off with the celebrated ad man Prahlad Kakkar speaking at the Mumbai Film Festival. He started off at the forum saying "Why use a good actor when you can have a nephew? And if you have to create stars anyway, why not from the family? It is hence very difficult for men to become stars. But since Bollywood does not want their women to be in films, females have a better chance of becoming stars or starlets. Men stars are usually useless nephews and sons," he said at a forum. No. he did not end there. He went on to 'cite an example' in the form of Abhishek Bachchan. He said, "Abhishek Bachchan has 17 flops in a row and is still going strong. He is unique and should be in the Guinness Book of Records." Needless to say that, this statement garnered an uproarious laughter from the gathering.

Retaliating to this, Abhishek tweeted "I love Prahlad Kakkar, he should be a stand-up comic not an ad-filmmaker. Maybe then someone will take him seriously! This coming from a man who makes commercials with his own son. Hmmm. Oh ya, Prahlad, I'm already in the Guinness book of world records and a very proud son. I hope you give your sons an opportunity to say the same someday."