Tsismis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy World

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1756495316.jpg
Dramatic actor Diether Ocampo remains one of the most sought after bachelors in the Philippine entertainment industry. He's like the boy-next-door who has managed to maintain his youthful looks, despite being somewhere in his late 30s.

What most people don't know is that Diet is a doting father of a seven-year-old.

He has successfully kept his son away from the prying eyes of the public, but recently took him to a public event. Ocampo and his son, Dream, celebrated the boy's birthday at Manila Ocean Park.

"I wanted to make this birthday a memorable one for him, so I asked him how he wanted to celebrate it. He said he wanted to do it [at] the Ocean Park, so that's what we did," Ocampo said.

He believes it's about time everybody knows where his social advocacy — to educate and help poor children — is coming from.

"I am a father, and someone who strongly believes that kids should have a good education as a way to prepare them for life's challenges. Everyone knows I struggled early on, because I didn't finish my studies and yet I was responsible for myself and my family."

Ocampo would not be drawn on the identity ot Dream's mother.

Looking back, according to the actor, having an education would have made life a little bit easier.

"I could have found a good job back then. I'm not saying show business has not been good to me — it has, in fact, been very kind and generous. But looking after yourself and your family, you need something to do that and I think education is the best way of doing it."

The actor admitted he's protective of his son, because he doesn't want Dream to be "distracted" by show business. He wants his son to have a private, normal childhood.

"It was important to keep the lure of showbiz away from him, so he can truly discover what he wants," Diet explained.

Ocampo wants his son to finish college first, before entering show business, "if he decides this is the career he wants. But no showbiz without an education. That's my policy."

One of the most bankable and popular actors of his generation, Ocampo has been helping indigent children through book donations, feeding programmes and scholarships through his KIDS Foundation.

"I want my son to also get involved in what I do, and I'm happy he has taken an interest," he said. "For his birthday, he invited children from various day care centres to celebrate with him."

Other Pinoy Gossip

Bruno's kin

It turns out Grammy-winning artist Bruno Mars is a relative of beauty queen-turned-actress Ruffa Gutierrez.

Mars' mother made the revelation to Ruffa after meeting her at one of his series of successful concerts in Manila and Cebu.

Mars' father is the cousin of Ruffa's dad, actor Eddie Gutierrez. At a post-concert party, the Gutierrez siblings, including TV host Raymond and actor Richard, had a chance to catch up with their famous relative who was, according to those who attended the party, also excited to hear more about his Filipino roots.

Robin wants a church wedding

Action superstar Robin Padilla appealed to the Catholic church to allow him and wife, actress Mariel Rodriguez, to wed in a Christian ceremony.

Padilla is a Muslim and Rodriguez Catholic. The two had a Muslim wedding in India earlier this year, but are keen on having a Christian wedding some time in June.

According to retired Archbishop Oscar Cruz, the two could not be allowed to have a Christian wedding because there are some teachings in Islamic law which contradict doctrines of the Catholic faith.

Padilla feels otherwise, and is appealing to church leaders to allow him to marry Rodriguez in a Catholic church, as requested by the bride and her family.

Are Robin and Angelica in denial?

Actor-sportsman Derek Ramsay has vehemently denied rumours he and girlfriend Angelica Panganiban have split up. He also denied stories circulating that he is secretly seeing another girl.

Reports have it that Aifa is the mystery girl, but she has denied this.

Rumours of Ramsay and Panganiban breaking up have been spreading like wildfire, but the couple has been adamant in their denial. As proof, Ramsay even revealed they will be going on a European holiday during the Easter break to "strengthen their bond".

Only a few weeks ago, though, Ramsay was seen out on a date with another woman, but the actor says he was just with a friend.

Charice's new song isn't new

International pop star Charice's new single, Before It Explodes, written and produced by Bruno Mars, isn't all that new — it is said to be a re-do of a song recorded last year by British singer Alexandra Burke, winner of the 2008 X Factor show in the UK.

Burke's rendition wasn't released commercially, though, but uploaded on YouTube.

Charice's version will be released some time in August and will be the first collaboration between Mars and Charice's producer and handler David Foster. It is said Mars will have a cameo on the song.

[/img][/COLOR]