Tsismis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy World

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1899306575.jpg
Award-winning actor Aga Muhlach has made a big leap from his home network ABS-CBN to rival station TV5. At a media conference organised by his new network, Muhlach admitted that prior to discussions with TV5 he was feeling disappointed, and didn't have the motivation to continue his career.

"I was at a point that I was looking for something new to do and a different challenge with my life. I didn't ask permission from ABS-CBN, I met with them and I simply told them I was moving on," he said, when asked why he chose to leave the network where he has been working for close to two decades.

Muhlach is currently filming two movies, one with Angel Locsin, titled Huling Sayaw (Last Dance) under ABS-CBN's film arm, Star Cinema; the other is a untitled flick with Regine Velasquez for Viva Films. Both projects have now been in production for over a year.

"I may have had my share of the reasons for the delay, but I am eager to finish those movies so I can concentrate on my new work with TV5," he added.

The actor, known for his films such as Bagets and Miguelito, denied he had ill feelings towards his old network. "Nothing of that sort, and there isn't any bad blood. One of the executives even cried when I told them I was leaving," he said. "I was just looking for new challenges and TV5 gave me an offer I couldn't refuse."

He said he couldn't give the full details yet, but one of the new shows was a local franchise of a popular reality programme that would take him to several locations in the Philippines and outside, initially throughout Asia.

What also added to Muhlach's excitement was the chance he was being given by TV5 to choose the actors he was willing to work with, "and some of them are already coming on board in my new project." Does this include his beauty queen-turned TV host wife, Charlene Gonzales?

"She's happy where she is, and let's leave it at that."

According to the actor, during his "low" moments, when he wasn't doing any movies or TV projects for ABS-CBN, he got a bit "disappointed" and gained some weight.

"I was given by TV5 the opportunity to have a stake in the shows that I will be doing, meaning I will be involved in the creative process — from concept to production. I think that's the next step for my career," he continued.

He signed a three-year contract with TV5, which also includes a possible movie project with the network's film arm, Studio 5.

[/img][/COLOR]