Tsimis: Latest gossip from the Pinoy world

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3931362776.jpg
Iza Calzado is considered one of the finest actresses of her generation. Film and TV critics say she isn't just a pretty face but a bundle of talent whose versatility will cement her legacy in show business. Calzado has had a few TV hosting assignments in the past, but for the first time will have a full-time gig as host in Showbiz Exclusives.

It's a new challenge for you. How do you feel?

It's very exciting. I am thrilled to be hosting. I've been training for this with brief hosting stints in Eat Bulaga, but this is the first time I am on my own. I am nervous and excited.

How did you prepare for this and Eat Bulaga?

I had to talk to a lot of my friends who have had their own shows. It's different when you're just one of the hosts and you just say one or two spiels, but here [Showbiz Exclusives] I will be talking for almost the entire show. It's a big responsibility so I took time to prepare for it.

Hosting is a different skill, especially talking to people in interviews. I want to do really good interviews — the kind that really make a mark — so I have to ask the right questions. There are so many things, but I am thankful I am not under a lot of pressure from the producers.

What will you feature on the show?

We will give viewers a daily dose of entertainment news, featuring the latest scoops and information as well as exclusive access to important showbiz events. We will also put celebrities in the spotlight for a no-holds-barred interview. This will basically allow celebrities to come clean on controversies hounding them.

I've got to be careful as well, because I have so many friends in the business and I want to take it easy on them, but I also have a responsibility to the show and my viewers. It's important to be credible. I can now imagine it will be a big dilemma for me, but I am still excited to do it.

What is your favourite segment on the show?

The one where I get to attend events and mingle (Laughs). It's nice to see friends in showbusiness outside of work and to make new ones. But wait it's going to be work now…anyway, I'm still looking forward to doing it.

Sam on a roll

Singer-actor Sam Milby has a lot to be thankful for these days. His TV show, Impostor, in which he co-starred with young actress Maja Salvador, was nominated in the Telenovela category at the International Emmy Awards. He's also excited about doing a movie with comedienne Eugene Domingo. The still untitled film is in pre-production but Milby is already attending workshops to prepare for the role. Milby is thrilled about a series of meetings he will have with three casting agencies in the US whose attention he caught while doing a show in Los Angeles earlier this year.

Gerald's challenging role

At a recent press conference for his new show Budoy, teen star Gerald Anderson said he is proud of his latest project because it has given him a chance to educate the public on the plight of mentally challenged people. He said he had to go through a lot of preparation to play the character of a mentally challenged man. Anderson is hoping it will be received well by moviegoers.

Thumbs up for Aunor

Fans of superstar Nora Aunor will be happy that her first project after returning to the Philippines, Sa Ngalan ng Ina, is doing well. Critics have given their thumbs up to the TV movie praising Aunor's superb acting talent. Fans in the UAE will have a chance to see the show when TV5 and OSN host a special preview screening next month as part of its official launch activities.

Gelli's treat

Celebrity mum Gelli de Belen announced she will have a cooking show once she returns on TV after a brief break. She and celeb sister Janice, along with good friend and actress Carmina Villaroel, have for so many years reigned over the morning primetime with their show Sis on GMA 7. The show ended last year. Now with the Kapatid network, Belen promises her new show, Jellicious, will be a tantalising treat for both mothers and kids.

Playlist: Jennylyn Mercado singer/actress

Song on repeat mode

Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne. I have always loved Avril. I think this is her latest single and when I heard it I just liked it instantly. I have been playing it eversince.

Song that makes you cry

Masasabi Mo Ba by Rachelle Ann Go. Rachelle is a great singer, and she does this one really well. I cried when I heard it.

Song that makes you move

You and I by Lady Gaga. Not a really fast song, but just enough to make you dance.

At karaoke you would sing:

I'm Already King by Christian Bautista. Very nice song, if I can find it in a karaoke bar, I'll sing it.

Track that you would want to skip:

Big fan of music, so I listen to a lot, except maybe for really heavy, hard core rock.
[/img][/COLOR]