Time to shine

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

Costume designer Lou A. Eyrich was just this side of gobsmacked upon discovering she and supervisor Marisa Aboitiz had been nominated for a Creative Arts Emmy Award for their work on the Glee episode, New York.
"I just didn't expect it," Eyrich explained. "But I'm thrilled, obviously. But there is so much good TV on this season, so many great shows. And all the great period shows."
Glee competed against period pieces: Boardwalk Empire, The Borgias, Game of Thrones and Mad Men, with The Borgias taking the prize last Saturday.
"So, it was, I felt like the little engine that could," Eyrich said, "even though Glee is not a little engine, obviously any more
Eyrich continued discussing her work on New York during a recent interview at an Academy-hosted reception celebrating costume nominees, held at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in downtown Los Angeles.
"We threw it together," she confessed. "We landed in New York on a Saturday night, shopped all day Sunday, threw them in the clothes. Some of it was done in LA, but, literally, we just had to throw them out there in Central Park and on the steps in Times Square. And it just was so fun. And we just thought that, ‘Let's just submit this one.'"​