The stars react to Osama's death

Lily

B.R
Staff member
4142077372.jpg
It’s one of the biggest news stories of the decade, so you didn’t think Osama Bin Laden’s death would go un-Tweeted by the A-list, did you?

Hollywood hit the ‘send’ button on their smartphones yesterday to Tweet their reactions to the news that the United States’ enemy number one was dead.

After President Obama took to the podium to declare “Justice has been done”, the Pres hadn’t realised that his announcement had posed a problem for Oprah Winfrey, who took to her Twitter to spill, “Trying to decide what to do about tomorrow’s show with [Obama] that was taped last week. War is definitely not over.”

Hmmm, did Obama not consult the mighty Opes before he scheduled his declaration? Doesn’t he know who she is?

And with other stars quick to 140 word-characterise their feelings, e+ puts together an A-list reaction round-up…

Lindsay Lohan: “Go USA!”

Katy Perry: “I am relieved in some ways, but have a feeling of uncertainty now. I believe in justice, but don't you think that an eye for an eye will make the world blind?”

Jack Osbourne: “OK, it’s official. This is shady! No body, no proof. They would have brought him back to the USA and added him to the exhibit, Bodies.”

Solange Knowles: “I'm sure I may be the minority on this one but revenge is not the answer… the world will be the world, but I do have hope because my hope is invested in love.”

Paris Hilton: “Just landed back in L.A., so happy to hear the news of Osama bin Laden’s death. He was the face of terrorism and such an evil man. The world is a much better place with him not in it.”

Neil Patrick Harris: “Everyone is sitting around my living room, mouths agape. Wow, what a night. Thank you, Mr. President, for such an eloquent speech.”

[/img][/COLOR]