'Tees Maar Khan' is a full-on fun film: Akshay Kumar

chief

Prime VIP

It’s a perfect Xmas treat, says Akshay

Akshay Kumar really needs a hit (film) under his belt to keep his career graph from downward slide.

His safest bet is Tees Maar Khan, co-starring Katrina Kaif and slated to release on December 24. Given the fact that Farah Khan, its director, has had an impeccable success record at box office (her two films Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om have been big hits), Akshay is hoping that TMK would set the cash registers ringing. Moreover, being a Farah Khan film, it packs laughter galore for movie buffs.

Akshay plays a conman who manipulates people and situations to his advantage. The character has been given punchiest one-liners to mouth.

“This is a fun character, full of enjoyment. He is a conman and so there is a lot of mischief. The character is actually very shrewd. He always tries fooling people because he wants to make it big. He never does anything himself; he makes people do things for him. I haven’t done such a fun and frolic role for a long time,” Akshay is quoted as saying by a news agency.

Adding that TMK is a full-on comedy film, Akshay said he’s not against doing serious films. But it’s just that people don’t come to theatres to watch serious stuff anymore.

“If you ask me whether I would like to do a serious film, yes, I would love to do serious roles, serious characters. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work. No one comes to see serious films. All look for fun films,” Akshay said.

This year, Akshay has had two releases: Khatta Meetha and Action Replayy. Both were flops. Akshay says though he’s not disheartened by flops, he does crave for a hit film.