TEES MAAR KHAN fever grips Kolkata

TEES MAAR KHAN fever grips Kolkata​

The ‘hit’ duo of Bollywood- Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif -were in Kolkata recently to promote their upcoming film TEES MAAR KHAN.
Speaking about her character the film, Katrina said: “I am playing an aspiring actress. Contrary to the song ‘Sheila Ki Jawani’, she is not a very bold girl; Akshay comes and helps her out whenever she creates a trouble for herself by her own stupidity.”
With her song ‘Sheila ki Jawaani’ turning a superhit on the music charts, a lot of people are comparing her moves to that of Shakira’s.
“It is a comparison I can dream up. She is a huge inspiration. Actually if people can think about it in that way then it is surely a huge thing for me. Frankly speaking, Farah Khan is a beautiful choreographer. Whatever appreciation we have received is actually for Farah as she always thought about the looks in which we will look good. She worked hard to make us look good,” Katrina said at a press conference here.
Akshay Kumar will be seen playing a conman in the film.
Asked if the role has any similarity with real life, the Khiladi Kumar said: “This is a reel film. It has no attachment with the real life or real things.”
Commenting on his funky look in the film, he said: “Many of the costumes in the film have been done by Farah herself. I feel they were in a strange mood while designing the costumes. They tore apart ‘sarees’ to make my shirts, similarly they tore apart ‘lungi’ (an Indian attire) and created my shoes. I can say only one thing the costumes and their designs are great.”
Akki was full of praises for filmmaker Farah Khan.
“Farah as a choreographer shouts at us and here as the director also she shouts at us. So there is not much difference. But truly speaking, she knows what the best thing is and also ensures that you perform the best,” he said.
Asked if TEES MAAR KHAN will give a tough competition to Salman Khan’s DABANGG, Akshay said: “We are a part of the same industry; we are not here to compete with each other. DABANGG worked well. We hope that this movie also makes good business. Ultimately it is the industry that matters the most, It should survive. So hopefully this movie also works well.”
Katrina and Akshay said they share a great chemistry and that is evident from the success rate of their films.
“Every film has to run on its own merit. You work hard for the films. It should be entertaining. It is my feeling about the movie. We have worked hardest for this film. At the end, both me and Akshay feel that it is liked by the audience,” said Katrina.
“It’s not that we are banking on the fact that earlier all the films were hit so this one will also be hit. We all have worked hard for this movie. I feel that this film is a pure comedy which you can see with your entire family. This is a great thing about the film,” Akshay added.
Replying to a question if she will ever host a television show, Katrina said: “If any English speaking show is offered to me then may be I will do.”
Asked about their Kolkata visit, Akshay said: “Long time back in 1983-84, I used to work in a travel agency in this city at New Market. I feel really happy coming back to Kolkata.”
“I am really happy to be back in the city. It is an immensely beautiful city,” added Katrina.