Sting and Vince Gill team up

Lily

B.R
Staff member
If you ever see Vince Gill shirtless at one of his concerts, you can likely place the blame on Sting.

Bare-chested singing is a regular affair for the rocker, and when Gill was asked if he'd go shirtless for the pair's CMT Crossroads special, Sting chimed in: "He will tonight. I'm going to encourage him."

"What a thought. You know I haven't eaten in six weeks preparing for this gig because of this yardstick over here," said Gill, looking at Sting before laughing: "Going to look like Laurel and Hardy up there."

"I've never been described as a yardstick. Is that a compliment?" asked Sting, joining in the laughter.

The rock and country veterans had worked together once before, at the 2004 Grammy Awards in tribute to the Beatles. Both said linking up musically was easy because they have "similar registers".

"That's always appealing — to find guys with guts enough to sing like girls," said Gill, laughing again.

The Crossroads series has featured collaborations from James Taylor and the Dixie Chicks to John Mayer and Keith Urban. This one-hour concert will have Gill and Sting performing hits like Shape of My Heart, Every Breath You Take and Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away.