Stephenie Meyer ‘so over’ Twilight

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1479614119.jpg
Stephenie Meyer is “so over” Twilight and will steer clear of future instalments in the series of romance novels that spawned the blockbuster film saga.

The novelist told Variety she would only consider returning to the supernatural world of cleancut vampire Edward Cullen, hunky werewolf Jacob Black and the perpetually lovelorn Bella Swan (later Cullen) if it meant writing “three paragraphs on my blog saying which of the characters died”. She then added, bizarrely (and somewhat terrifyingly for Tolkien fans): “I’m interested in spending time in other worlds, like Middle-earth.”

“I get further away [from Twilight] every day,” said Meyer. “For me, it’s not a happy place to be.”

The Twilight series, which stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, has so far generated almost $3.3 billion (Dh12.1 billion) at the global box office, but was largely reviled by critics. Jon Feltheimer, the chief executive of studio Lionsgate, suggested last year that his company might continue the series beyond the November 2012 release of Breaking Dawn: Part 2, supposedly the final instalment in the saga.

Meyer appears uninterested in such a proposition. She is currently promoting the indie comedy Austenland, which she produced through her Fickle Fish production company.

Napoleon Dynamite co-director Jerusha Hess’s film stars Keri Russell as a hardcore Jane Austen fan who blows her savings to cross the Atlantic and stay at a plush English country estate themed around the celebrated English novelist.

Based on the 2007 novel by Shannon Hale, the movie also stars Jennifer Coolidge of American Pie fame, Flight of the Conchords’ Bret McKenzie and Jane Seymour. It premiered to lukewarm reviews at the Sundance film festival in January.
[/img][/COLOR]